Does plan b work during ovulation?

I had sex. The condom slipped off and there was some pre *** in it. I'm pretty sure I was ovulating at this point (which is the only time one can get pregnant) so I was just thinking, if the pill works by delaying ovulation, that means the person couldn't have even gotten pregnant in the first place, correct? So they wouldn't have even been pregnant since they weren't ovulating so how does the pill then prevent a pregnancy? Anyways, I'm paranoid now because I think I was ovulating and then I took the plan b pill 18 hours after I had sex. Do you think I could be pregnant? I haven't had my period yet. I got it the 26th of last month and it's now the 21st of this month. I'm so scared now. Help

• LizB

If ovulation and conception has already taken place, Plan B won't work. Contrary to popular belief, it does NOT prevent implantation. It used to be thought that one way the morning after pill *might* prevent pregnancy was by "changing" the uterine lining thus preventing implantation, but there was never any solid evidence for the hypothesis. More recent studies have shown that if ovulation has already occurred, chances of pregnancy aren't any lower than in a normal fertility cycle.

Yes! It's affective up to 3 days after you had unprotected sex.