Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 6 years ago

How often should a Math tutor revise his hourly rate?

I am Math online tutor for school kids and I would like to understand how often should I be revising my rates. I am planning to ask for a 10% pay rise each year (I did that last November and it's almost a year). It amounts to an additional budget of about $12-15 per month for most of my customers and I am sure they can afford it. Still I wanted to check if it's normal to ask for a hike once every year.

Favorite Answer

Check the price of your competition. A 10% hike each year sounds excessive, but if you can prove that all your students improved their grades by a good amount, and want to come back to you, the hike in price may be warranted.

Thank you so very much Mary! Yes, most of my students have shown very impressive improvements and I spoke to/emailed most of the parents who said they are fine with this raise (at least for this year, which makes it two in a row).

• Mary Contrary
      6 years agoReport

Thanks for choosing a best answer.