Christians, I would like to present a hypothetical for you to ponder:?

Christians: let's say you are traveling in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, and a man approaches you on the topic of Bigfoot. He is very passionate about the topic, and would really like you to go with him into the woods to see if the beast can be spotted. You decline (or at least I hope you would - a strange dude taking you to some secluded place should be triggering red flags) and he responds by quoting lines from some book about Bigfoot.

At that point, would you guys think "Hey, Bigfoot is totally real!"

Or would you think "Damn, this guy is nutters nutters peanut butters!"

Replace "Bigfoot" with "Jesus", the "woods" with "Church" and "the book about Bigfoot" with "the bible", and now you see the scenario all non-Christians deal with regularly due to proselytizers.

Cheers!

Favorite Answer

How do you know Jesus ISN'T just a shaved Bigfoot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrZnLUWJnq0

Youtube thumbnail

Oh YEAH? Well, what about this witty pro-Bigfoot bumper sticker slogan? In your face, nonbeliever!

Also, explain these anonymous and totally unsubstantiated stories where somebody was in trouble, but Bigfoot supposedly saved the day! Disprove THAT! Can't? Well then, that proves Bigfoot is real!

Bottom line is that you can disbelieve Bigfoot all you want. I know he's real, 100%, for a fact. And HE blelieves in YOU! Live your life as you want, but you've been warned. When I go camping, I know Bigfoot will take care of me and I'll have a totally awesome, kick-*** time. But when you go camping, Bigfoot will punish you for turning your back on him, and he'll send you to the really damp, rocky part of the campground and will let the evil Chupacabra molest you and eat all of your marshmallows. I'll be high and dry with all the other faithful Bigfoot believers, but it will be too late for you.

I would like to present a (hypothetical) i.e. hypothesis, for you to ponder.

Imagine bigfoot is real.

Some guy in the pacific northwest wants you to look for him there.

However, the truth is bigfoot lives in the Pyrenees.

The guy in the pacific northwest's real purpose is to waste your time by misrepresentation.

So, it is not a question of bigfoot's existence, but rather where you look for him.

Catholicism & Protestantism are the worst representatives God & the Bible have ever had.

Do you have enough logic and reasoning ability to see through them and look elsewhere?

No, it's not the same situation at all, in spite of your misrepresentation. If the two scenarios were identical, there would be millions of Bigfoot believers, and there would be a way for me to go find Bigfoot on my own without being taken into the woods.

There is a problem with your hypothetical. If somebody claims to have sighted Bigfoot, I would not be convinced until my Bigfoot hunter produced a body, dead or alive, and DNA analysis showed the creature was a unique species. It is not reasonable to expect a Christian to produce the intact body of somebody who lived 2100 years ago. One must look at the historical record, not physical evidencem, for evidence of Jesus.

Really? This scenario happens regularly? I rarely ever get approached by a Christian trying to convert me. On occasion, I will have one walk up to me just out of the blue wanting to pray for me, because I have a very visible medical condition and they believe in faith healing. It is odd to describe how this feels, as I have conflicting feelings on this. On one hand, it is very sweet they care and want to help and apparently think this will help, but on the other hand do I have to have a big conversation with someone that I did not ask to talk to and explain that I don't believe the same things they believe? And I have to do this kindly, because I don't want to hurt their feelings. Why should I have to worry about their feelings, when they are the ones who approached me? The whole scenario is fill with passive aggressive, double standards. I guess it is annoying as hell. But I think you are exaggerating when you say this happens on a regular basis. It happens to me around once per month, and that is because my medical condition draws these sorts to me. I doubt it happens that often to others.

Approach the man, but don't approach bigfoot. Bigfoot is real, and it probably means harm if you approach it.

Source(s): Logic

At the Bigfoot Last Supper, I bet they had beef jerky.

I started believing in Jesus by hoping He was real - that there was a solution for sin and suffering. He has since proved it to me by e.g. appearing in the clouds. Basically I started by hoping and believing that there was something more to this life, and that God cared about us.

• Love Unites
      5 years agoReport

Burt, somehow I don't think a person with the name Isabel is a dude. And the person who would just come out and carelessly insult those they've never met is in far more need of care than a person who just came on here innocently telling of an experience they've had.

Obviosuly you have never read the Bible!