Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 years ago

Why isn't the Trinity Doctrine in the Bible Canon and should it be ?

THIS ONE OF MANY VERSIONS

What Does it Mean That God is a Trinity?

The doctrine of the Trinity means that there is one God who eternally exists as three distinct Persons — the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Stated differently, God is one in essence and three in person. These definitions express three crucial truths: (1) The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are distinct Persons, (2) each Person is fully God, (3) there is only one God.

Update:

Then I found this :

God’s Active Force; Holy Spirit. By far the majority of occurrences of ru′ach and pneu′ma relate to God’s spirit, his active force, his holy spirit.

Not a person. Not until the fourth century C.E. did the teaching that the holy spirit was a person and part of the “Godhead” become official church dogma. Early church “fathers” did not so teach; Justin Martyr of the second century C.E. taught that the holy spirit was an ‘influence or mode of operation of the Deity.

Update 2:

CONTINUED:

Hippolytus likewise ascribed no personality to the holy spirit. The Scriptures themselves unite to show that God’s holy spirit is not a person but is God’s active force by which he accomplishes his purpose and executes his will.

Update 3:

@@@KEITH-I CAN SEE WHY YOU ARE ANGRY AT THE "CULTS"-YOU OFFER NOT ONE IOTA OF PROOF OF THE TRINITY DOCTRINE-JUST YOUR RANT AND OPINION.

BLAME YOURSELF !

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The trinity doctrine is not taught in the Bible, nor should it be. It is pagan! Proof:

It is certain that, in spite of the popularity of such concepts in the false religions surrounding them, the faithful Jewish people and prophets of the old testament never accepted a three-in-one god. It is true that the unfaithful among the Israelites often borrowed pagan gods, pagan customs, and pagan concepts (including Baal and Astare)

and added them to their God-given religion. But there is no record (scriptural or secular) of a trinity concept even among them.

Historians who study ancient religions know, these doctrines and myths like trinity are derivations of the original ancient Babylonian and Egyptian versions of various divinities with different names applied to them.

Babylonians worshipped a moon-god, a sun-god, and a goddess of fertility and war. And there were many other trinity of gods--this is and was disgusting to Jehovah. AND

Jesus is not God, he is the son of God.

“ Jehovah is a powerful warrior. Jehovah is his name.” Exodus 15:3

"I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else." (Isaiah 42:8)

Deuteronomy 6:4 reads: “Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah”—not three in one.

Matthew 24:36 "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Matthew 28:19 “Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit.” 1+1+1= 3

John 14:28 and 31 "You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am... 31 But for the world to know that I love the Father, I am doing just as the Father has commanded me to do."

John 17:3 KJV 3 “ And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.”

John 17:11 NKJV “Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, in that they may be one as We are.”

1 Timothy 2:5 There is ONE GOD and ONE MEDIATOR between God and Men; The MAN Christ Jesus.…” Holy spirit is Jehovah’s active force that He uses to accomplish his will.

Just this one scripture and different translations all agree:

Philippians 2:5, 6: 

KJ reads: “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God.” 

In NWT the latter portion of that passage reads: “who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure [Greek, har·pag·mon'], namely, that he should be equal to God.” 

(RS, NE, TEV, NAB convey the same thought.) 

Jesus said in prayer: “Father, . . . this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.” (John 17:1-3) 

The reason the Bible does not clearly teach the Trinity doctrine is simple: It is not a Bible teaching. Had God been a Trinity, he would surely have made it clear so that Jesus and his disciples could have taught it to others. And that vital information would have been included in God’s inspired Word. It would not have been left to imperfect men to struggle with centuries later. (Watchtower 11/1/91 p.23) 

Acts 7:55, 56 reports that Stephen was given a vision of heaven in which he saw “Jesus standing at God’s right hand.” But he made no mention of seeing the holy spirit. (See also Revelation 7:10; 22:1, 3.) 

“I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.” (John 14:28) He also told one of his followers: “I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.”—John 20:17. 

Greek dictionaries are in agreement on the meaning of the Greek word hEN: "...between Jesus and the father is a unity of will and action." Kittel; TDNT vol. I; 405 

The New Catholic Encyclopedia admits: “The majority of N[ew] T[estament] texts reveal God’s spirit as something, not someone; this is especially seen in the parallelism between the spirit and the power of God.” ( Vol. XIII, p. 575)

The New Encyclopædia Britannica observes: "Neither the word Trinity, nor the explicit doctrine as such, appears in the New Testament, nor... in the Old Testament." Micropedia, vol. 11, p. 928.

http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/que...

Must You Believe in The Trinity To Be Christian?

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazi... 

• 6 years ago

The Trinity is a construct based partly on the Gospel of John, Chapter 1, about "the Word (Logos)". "...And the Word was with God, and the Word was God, ... (and) in the beginning with God... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us". This is a mystical reference to Jesus Christ that has been interpreted by the Christian Church as meaning that he was part of God, and is now believed to be the second Person of God. The first Person is God the Father. They also refer to the story of Christ’s baptism when a dove appears above Jesus’ head, and a voice is heard saying “This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:17 and Luke 3:22).

There are many references to the Holy Spirit in the New Testament, and again this has been interpreted by the Christian Church as the third Person. Some theologians have tried to square the circle by explaining that the Son issues from the Father, from eternity, and the love between the Father and Son is itself a Person, the Holy Spirit.

The doctrine of the Trinity was adopted generally in the Council of Nicaea in 325CE. It's tempting to think that it's influenced by other pagan beliefs. Theologians try to make it sound technical by referring to the Triune God - One God, with 3 Persons.

Although the King James Version states "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one" (1 John 5:7), the New American Standard Bible shows "For there are three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement." (1 John 5:7-8). The KJV seems to have been contrived to support the much later doctrine.

Theologians sometimes take a more recent concept or construct and read it back into earlier scriptures. So they might then interpret earlier scriptures as referring to newer doctrines that the author never intended. So in Genesis 1, when it refers to God saying "Let us ...", they then re-interpret that as the Trinity talking to itself; the author had probably envisaged the Canaanite pantheon (Elohim, sons of the Most High God El Elyon).

Modalism (also known as Sabellianism, modalistic monarchianism, or modal monarchism) is the non-trinitarian belief that the Heavenly Father, Resurrected Son and Holy Spirit are different modes or aspects of one monadic God, as perceived by the believer, rather than three distinct persons within the Godhead.

• 6 years ago

When you realise that Jesus is unique because he is Divine you see many scriptures that support the idea that God has manifest himself in three ways to mankind.

The word 'person' can be misleading, I do not favour it, because the three parts of God are kind of fused together, indivisible, but sometimes it is the Father/Creator that is at the forefront, then it was Jesus when he walked this earth, to share our humanity, having cast off much of his Divine attributes, and then when you are convicted of sin and wonderfully experience the Love of God, you actually meet the power of God -the Holy Spirit.

Worship is the time and place where we sense and are moved by the reality of the Love of God and are overwhelmed by his Glory! It is all very awesome and overwhelming!

Becoming a true Christian and living the new born-again life is a Trinitarian experience according to the words of Jesus - to be found in John's Gospel chapter 14 verses 23-27

When many of us pray we address God as " Lord!" for this embraces all the three aspect of God. And we often talk about 'Our Lord' or -'The Lord'.

• 6 years ago

Amos 3:7 The Bible is the word of God given to Prophets. The Trinity Doctrine was agreed on by a committee of men chaired by a pagan. The Bible says there will be Prophets after the Bible was made and yet some say the the cannon is closed, as if they had power to command God. If God wanted the Trinity Doctrine in the Word of God He would add it. Since He has not, I do not trust in the arm of man.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Micah
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

Why isn't it in any part of the Bible? Because it's not true. The Bible is the inspired Word of God, who is certainly not a 3 gods in 1 god or 3 persons in 1 god.

The Bible doesn't contain false doctrines, therefore you won't find even a hint of a trinity connected to the one true God Jehovah.

There were false pagan triune gods in ancient Babylon and Egypt and that's what the 4th century trinity doctrine was based on.

• Seeker
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

"Hey God, if you were Trinity, you should have said so, in the Bible, like you should have," is not a really good thing to say, the Bible has said quite enough, describing the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit each as personal individuals, as having divine attributes, yet there is only One God, one would have to ignore or twist parts of scripture to come away with something different than the Trinity.

Some will point out John 17:3 in which Jesus calls the Father the "Only True God," but then try to get the reader to think that Only the Father is the True God, yet when confronted with John 17:5 in which Jesus prays to be glorified with the Father as he was before the creation, affirming Jesus' preexistence sharing in the glory of God with the Father, One being with the Father, heretics will just shrug it off saying, "That doesn't prove anything."

Other times people will try to say that the Holy Spirit is neither a person or divine, rather some sort of power or force, and I'm not even going to talk about that here, the links I will provide suffice in showing that the Holy Spirit is both Divine and a Self--Aware subject distinct from the Father and the Son:

http://www.gci.org/God/deityHS - - - http://www.letusreason.org/Trin4.htm

John speaks in his letters refuting an early heresy, saying of those who deny that Jesus is the Christ, that Christ came in the flesh, who deny the Father and the Son, such are "antichrists". Not many would deny that Jesus came in the flesh today, so what's the big deal on that, of course he came in the flesh. In John's day, there was a group of Gnostic Docetics who believed in Jesus Christ sorta, except he couldn't have come in the flesh for real but only appeared as such. Why? They held that the Eternal God is too holy to come in human flesh, so when John was addressing this heresy, he was meaning that whoever denies that Jesus Christ who is God came in the flesh, such is antichrist.

It is also important to address the "Father and Son" line, "Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is an antichrist--denying the Father and the Son." First there were Docetics who believed that there was a difference between Jesus the man and the Christos some Divine Aeon, who ever believes that both are not the same One Jesus Christ is antichrist. Now Father and Son, what group proposing to be Christian would deny the Father and the Son? Whoever denies them in the context given by John, who makes it very clear that Jesus is God, yet to say "the Father and the Son" grammatically requires one to believe that both the Father and the Son are the One God, not each other, but the same God. Whoever denies that in any way is antichrist.

Is anyone seriously going to deny that the Father is God?

Not going to waste time on that, he is obviously God.

Back to Jesus a one more time. Isaiah tells of YHWH calling himself "the First and the Last," and in Revelation Jesus calls himself "the First and the Last." Cults will try to say that it has nothing to do with being God, but that Jesus was the first resurrected last to come and judge, something, I can't quite recall, something ridiculous, completely putting aside YHWH's usage of being called "the First and the Last." Such is outright stubbornness against the Holy God, and what will those people say when God calls them out on this? "Hey God, if you were Trinity, you should have said so, in the Bible, like you should have."

The Bible is plain enough, but just in case it isn't, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Church has established more defining Doctrines to explain what the Bible is saying about God, for some things are difficult to understand, in the words of St. Peter, "which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction."

• 6 years ago

No, it should NOT be as it is false Religion. Even Jesus says it is a force from His Father.

Trinitarians are too proud and angry to admit defeat and resort to-well look some Trinity Lovers comments !

THE HOLY SPIRIT IN ACTION

God used the holy spirit to create the earth and the rest of the universe. “How many your works are, O Jehovah! All of them in wisdom you have made. The earth is full of your productions,” the psalmist exclaimed. “If you send forth your spirit, they are created.”—Psalm 104:24, 30; Genesis 1:2; Job 33:4.

Holy spirit inspired godly men to write the Bible. “All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial,” wrote the apostle Paul. (2 Timothy 3:16) The Greek word translated “inspired of God” literally means “breathed into by God.” Jehovah’s breath, or spirit, guided the Bible writers’ thoughts, so that they transmitted “the word of God.”—1 Thessalonians 2:13.

Holy spirit empowered God’s servants to foretell the future with accuracy. The apostle Peter explained: “No prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation. For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were borne along by holy spirit.”—2 Peter 1:20, 21; Joel 2:28.

Holy spirit helped Jesus and other men of faith to preach the good news of God’s Kingdom and to perform miracles. Jesus said: “Jehovah’s spirit is upon me, because he anointed me to declare good news to the poor, he sent me forth to preach a release to the captives and a recovery of sight to the blind.”—Luke 4:18; Matthew 12:28.

Source(s): THE BIBLE, NOT THE TRINITY DOCTRINE THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A FORCE FROM JEHOVAH
  • trugoy
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

Why isn't the Trinity in the Bible?

The Bible doesn't promote false doctrine.

Should it be there?

Absolutely not. As noted above, there's no basis for false doctrine in God's inspired word.

• 6 years ago

If one reads the Bible in the Holy Spirit one sees the trinity throughout the Bible

Nobody goes by the bible alone

• Jim
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

The trinity is of pagan origin and is no where in the bible!

The faithful referred to Mithras (REMEMBER 4000 years ago) as "the Light of the World", symbol of truth, justice, and loyalty. He was mediator between heaven and earth and was a member of a Holy Trinity. According to Persian mythology, Mithras was born of a virgin given the title 'Mother of G-d'. The god remained celibate throughout his life, and valued self-control, renunciation and resistance to sensuality among his worshippers. Mithras represented a system of ethics in which brotherhood was encouraged in order to unify against the forces of evil.

• 6 years ago

Not in the canon? You are incorrect, it is all throughout the canon.

There are 5 basic components:

1) there is one God

2) the Father is God

3) the Son is God

4) the Holy Spirit is God

5) the Father is not the Son is not the Holy Spirit is not the Father (i.e., they are separate persons)

All of those details are scattered throughout the Bible.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.