promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 years ago

Do you agree with Nikki Haley its OK to fly the Confederate Flag at the State Capitol?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If South Carolinians want to change the state flag then it is their prerogative. I let them make the decision rather than try to score political points against Haley who has no control over the matter. That is the domain of the legislature and the people. What she said her concerns were was the economy (from the article), but someone wanted to make it about something else. LOL

• 6 years ago

The 13 colonies used a "don't tread on me" and "pine tree" flags. The modern American Flag was used late in the revolutionary war. During the revolutionary war and constitutionally there after the American Government tacitly supported slavery.

Once you understand this your argument truly falls to dust. Both flags represented governments which supported slavery--thus--is it okay to fly the American flag at the state capitol by the same logic is an equally valid question.

The liberals like to use this issue to tell African americans how 'bad" conservatives are while keeping some African americans in slavery under bondage to a entitlement system that depends on them voting for democrats.

So yes--I agree with Nikki Haley-that libtards can't argue about anything significant--they must divert,smear, and lie to divert attention from the failed policies their party has devised.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Lenny
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Maybe she realized that an official US flags flied over slavery rigged territory for the 100 years while confederate flag did the same for only 4.

• 6 years ago

It's wrong,you know that.She know's it also.If people who are for it were just honest with themselves they know why they like it.They can't let go of the past.People down south still call people from the north Yankees.Northerner's don't call southerner's rebels.And despite what some say,the south is not going to rise again.And that along with racism that is what that flag stands for and every one knows it.Even those who play dumb and deny such are not being truthful.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Sure. Why not? The Confederate flag is about the love of the South. Not a symbol of Democrats who loved slavery. We ran them out of the South to the blue states.

• 6 years ago

It's an American Flag

• 6 years ago

I agree with the many historians and academics who express the same thoughts.... I'd like to see the history credentials of those who say that the "stars bars" means "slavery" any more than the American Flag carried by southern democrats in the 1960s to oppose civil rights means "racism"....

• SMOKEY
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Yes

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

I have given up on society as a whole. Most people are stupid. I wouldn't let them hang that dumbass flag up. ALL it does is reveal how stupid someone is.

• 6 years ago

Those who fly the confederate flag have called her a rag-head in the past. She sounds like a perfect Aunt Jemima (female equivalent to uncle tom)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.