I have a PSAT Exam tomorrow. Any advice you have for me?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

be Japanese

• 6 years ago

Yes. I had to take it twice to get into UCSB, because the first score wasn't high enough to qualify. Here's the top things you need to know.

1. Do not drink alcohol, or smoke any pot the night before. (if you drink too much caffeine, it will cause you to shake)

2. Take deep breaths, steady on the questions, do not panic, or stall, just think clearly, do your best, and worry about the results after the test, not during.

3. It's not the end of the world if you fail, or get a low score. Just do the best you can, do not look at other testers, focus on the pages or computer screen, and understand that not everybody is an Einstein, you can take it again if necessary, and it's not the end of the world by any means if you tank.

Relax. You'll do fine. (Uncle Pocket believes in you.)

Hope this helped.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

For the writing (vocab): cover the answers and read the sentence with a word you think would make sense in the blank. Then look at the answers, you'll get a better idea of the sentence

For the reading: to save time read the beginning and end of the passage then go back if you need to answers questions in the middle.

For the math: only answer the question if you can eliminate at least 2 of the answers because you'll have a better chance of getting it right or having no penalty by not answering than losing points for getting it wrong.

• 6 years ago

I have it tomorrow as well! I looked at my packet, did some problems, and I'm no longer worrying about it.

ADVICE: Don't stress over it. It's a test to see how much you know so you can figure out what to study for when you take the real SAT.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Eat breakfast, chew gum, pick B or C before the exam, and bubble in all of the ones you do not know with whichever you chose. When the instructor calls 5 minutes, bubble in all of the questions with B or C lightly, and go back and work for the remaining time so that you ensure all questions are answered.

• 6 years ago

get off of Yahoo Answers and study

Lv 7
    6 years ago

is that the pre sat? It doesn't even matter what you get on it.

• 6 years ago

Get a lot of rest before the test.....!!

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

don't do anything today, except relaxing and enjoying yourself.

• Ron
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

pee before you go in to the test

• 6 years ago

nope

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.