What race are central asians?

Do they look white, oriental, or more middle eastern? Central Asia borders western russia (where people are white, even in areas east of ural mountains), but it also borders iran and afghanistan, and china. So what do people in that region look like?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Raven
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

They're still considered Asian no matter what they look like. The major problem with the term 'Asian' race amongst the general population is that people only consider East Asians as making up the majority (Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, and Koreans). They forget that Asia is a big continent that includes areas such as India Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc. There has also been presumptions about Afghanistan being part of the Middle East. But, it's confirmed not to be.

Even in the Middle east there is not an 'average' Middle Eastern look in terms of appearance. You have people running around with blond hair and blue eyes in places such as Lebanon and Syria; Black Arabs in places such as Oman, Yemen, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, etc; various Bedouin and tribal populations; etc

• 6 years ago

It depends on the area.

In the Russian part , most of the people look like Northern Europeans , like this boys of the Ural mountains : http://ru.yfci.org/files/2010/11/russia3.jpg

However , there is a part of Central Asian Russia that there is a mix of Russians , Belorussians and Ukrainians with Tartars , they are related with the Turks. This is a picture of a Tartar girl : http://gdb.rferl.org/2CD6FA87-A446-4B19-9C17-6E299...

then in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan , mostly of the people look a bit like someone from China , and other people are ethnicity Russians , probably 70% of the population look like orientals , maybe this picture can help you : http://tengrinews.kz/userdata/news/2013/news_23971...

then , in countries like Tajikistan they have their own ethic. However they are related with Persians , http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KfXz1KTiLD8/T3WXKNVpWDI/...

in Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan they look like Tartars or Turks.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Closer to Persians. This is because of the Mughals and other Central Asians who controlled part of the northern subcontinent. This isnt to say that they all are closer to Persians/Mughals. Many people kept cultural traditions that originate in India despite the many years of Mughal and British rule. But there are a lot of people who come from those backgrounds as well.

• 6 years ago

Central Asia has its own demographic. People from Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan has facial features to that of the Altaic people, Uyghur Chinese, and Mongols. People from Turkmenistan and Tajikistan look like Iranian and Afghan groups of people. Most are classified as Turanid. For the most part, they would be their own mix of Caucasian and oriental. Iranians

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

They are Turanid, which is mostly Caucasian with a Mongoloid mix, but it becomes more mostly Mongoloid with a Caucasian mix when they start to border the countries of East Asia

• 6 years ago

Middle eastren Arabs and Persian are white and US census considered them as white.

We are Caucasian just like European are Caucasian. It is ignorance when we says all European are redhead and green eyes in fact European can have all hair And eyes colors.

The same for many Arabs and Persians it is big ignorance when we says all middle eastern have dark brown hair and brown eyes. Because there is many blonde blue eyes and ginger hair in (Syria,Iraq,Lebanon,Iran,Palestine).

Arabs can look like Nordic in levant and Mediterranean in Arab gulf.

I'm pure Arab from Iraqi I used to be blonde in my childhood it goes to brown now. And I have hazel greenish eyes. I can pass as European.

• 6 years ago

i know race of china people is "yellow skin" , but in iran there are many nouns that we use as a race like fars, torks, kords or Arabs (like in Ahvaz there are many arabs) ;

this subject is for Ethnology and if you want get better information, google is best way :)

(sorry for bad english language)

• Mingle
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

They look Turanid. Their skin is a little darker than Chinese people and eyes are bigger and their noses are thinner.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

before Turks/Mughals...they were Persian(Indo-Iranian)

according to DNA they are Persian with east Asian influence ..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.