Mabe
Mabe asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 years ago

If a person is being paid by check for a job?

That isn't from the same company that you contracted with, to work for, then does this legally mean that I'm working for free with the contracted company, and the other isn't legally my employer, only giving me money?

When asked on tax forms..how much your employer paid you in wages..can you list 0$? If so, the other is a form of contribution into your funds?

It didn't start out this way, but now it is. Any idea why the change, and why the biggest % of my pay goes towards this other company now, and it's not between myself, and the company I'm contracted with? Also, which one is now listed as the CEO with the bank as the employer? Is this a scam?

Other people have mentioned that this is how they are paid in different companies altogether. ..however, it didn't start out that way. This has us all wondering about the benefits.

Favorite Answer

No you are not working for "free". You are more or less being paid as though you are a freelancer (a.k.a. self employed). Meaning you will need to declare the money you made, and you will need to pay taxes as though you are self employed.

As far as benefits. . . you will need to check into that. You will need to ask the company that you are contracted under. Talk to HR.

" When asked on tax forms..how much your employer paid you in wages..can you list 0$"

On your tax forms, they ask you how much you MADE in wages. They don't care who paid it to you.

Yeah go ahead and put down $0 for your income for the year and see how well that works out for you.

Celtic Buddha provided indeed the best answer.

See this blog for more noteworthy topics on work, http://bitly.com/1omMNdz .