Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 5 years ago

Why isn't any NFL team showing interest on Josh Freeman?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

His performance over the course of the final 7 games of the 2012 season and the 4 games he played last season is why. In those final 7 in 2012, he threw 9 TD's to 12 INT's, lost 3 fumbles and completed on 53% of his passes. Last year it was worse. In 4 games he threw 2 TD's to 4 INT's and completed only 41% of his passes. Nothing he did in preseason led anyone to believe that he was going to turn things around.

• 5 years ago

Since the 1970 merger, only three quarterbacks who were 1st round picks started three or more opening days before their 30th birthday and were not in the NFL a year after making the last of those week 1 starts.+ One went to the USFL (Doug Williams); another ended up in jail (Mike Vick).

Josh Freeman is the other.

Freeman isn't giving interviews and the teams aren't providing insight into why Freeman is now a pariah, so I'll speculate as to why that is: Perhaps Freeman entered his final season in Tampa unhappy he didn’t get an extension, and that bad attitude he displayed hurt his reputation and soured teams on him. After all, the only team that gave him a chance once Tampa Bay cut hm was Minnesota, and they were desperate. (It kinda makes you wonder why the Rams, Jets or Texans haven't contacted him, doesn't it?)

Or maybe we’re just in a period where teams are only keeping two QBs on the roster, not three, as has been the case in years past.

• Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Actually, my best guess is that Josh Freeman probably developed a poor work ethic during recent offseasons. However, if Freeman rededicates himself to work hard and perform very well in practice every day, he will greatly improve his chances of getting signed to play for an NFL team in the future.

• y
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Why would they? He's damaged goods. When a great QB becomes damaged goods some teams will give them a shot. When good QB's become damaged goods, only the desperate will give them a shot.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

My best guess is he developed a poor work ethic over the last couple of off seasons, and did not work hard and perform very well in practice everyday...

Source(s): Coach Q. Tip...
  • 5 years ago

Cause he sucks that's why.

• 5 years ago

My guess is that there is more then any of us are hearing but is widely knowen throughout the league.

• Edward
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

He went to the Giants, did they cut him?

• 5 years ago

He's TRASH.... to put it simply

• 5 years ago

he is good but overrated

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.