Hebrews 1:9 states (King James) Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity;?

therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

The first chapter of Hebrews starts off talking about Jesus Christ and in verse 9 is says Jesus has a God? How can this be if Jesus is God?

John 14:28 Jesus says his Father is greater than he is and at 1 Corinthians 11:3 we see Jesus' head is God! Matt 6:9 Jesus tells us to make holy God's name, doesn’t the scripture show that Jesus is the Son of God and not God the Son? Jesus always referred to himself as God's Son and the scriptures show Jesus is the firstborn of all creation and the only begotten Son of God(Col 1:1-13)

Jesus also said at Matt 28:18 all authority(power) has been given to him, who gave him this power?

Favorite Answer

That is true " (Jesus) loved righteousness and hated sin"...

Jesus was Not part of a trinity like many here have said! Here are the proofs:

It is certain that, in spite of the popularity of such concepts in the false religions surrounding them, the faithful Jewish people and prophets of the old testament never accepted a three-in-one god. It is true that the unfaithful among the Israelites often borrowed pagan gods, pagan customs, and pagan concepts (including Baal and Astare)

and added them to their God-given religion. But there is no record (scriptural or secular) of a trinity concept even among them.

Historians who study ancient religions know, these doctrines and myths like trinity are derivations of the original ancient Babylonian and Egyptian versions of various divinities with different names applied to them.

Babylonians worshipped a moon-god, a sun-god, and a goddess of fertility and war. And there were many other trinity of gods--this is and was disgusting to Jehovah. AND

Jesus is not God, he is the son of God.

“ Jehovah is a powerful warrior. Jehovah is his name.” Exodus 15:3

"I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else." (Isaiah 42:8)

Deuteronomy 6:4 reads: “Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah”—not three in one.

Matthew 24:36 "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Matthew 28:19 “Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit.” 1+1+1= 3

John 14:28 and 31 "You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am... 31 But for the world to know that I love the Father, I am doing just as the Father has commanded me to do."

John 17:3 KJV 3 “ And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.”

John 17:11 NKJV “Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, in that they may be one as We are.”

1 Timothy 2:5 There is ONE GOD and ONE MEDIATOR between God and Men; The MAN Christ Jesus.…” Holy spirit is Jehovah’s active force that He uses to accomplish his will.

Just this one scripture and different translations all agree:

Philippians 2:5, 6:

KJ reads: “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God.”

In NWT the latter portion of that passage reads: “who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure [Greek, har·pag·mon'], namely, that he should be equal to God.”

(RS, NE, TEV, NAB convey the same thought.)

Jesus said in prayer: “Father, . . . this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.” (John 17:1-3)

The reason the Bible does not clearly teach the Trinity doctrine is simple: It is not a Bible teaching. Had God been a Trinity, he would surely have made it clear so that Jesus and his disciples could have taught it to others. And that vital information would have been included in God’s inspired Word. It would not have been left to imperfect men to struggle with centuries later. (Watchtower 11/1/91 p.23)

Acts 7:55, 56 reports that Stephen was given a vision of heaven in which he saw “Jesus standing at God’s right hand.” But he made no mention of seeing the holy spirit. (See also Revelation 7:10; 22:1, 3.)

Greek dictionaries are in agreement on the meaning of the Greek word hEN: "...between Jesus and the father is a unity of will and action." Kittel; TDNT vol. I; 405

The New Catholic Encyclopedia admits: “The majority of N[ew] T[estament] texts reveal God’s spirit as something, not someone; this is especially seen in the parallelism between the spirit and the power of God.” ( Vol. XIII, p. 575)

The New Encyclopædia Britannica observes: "Neither the word Trinity, nor the explicit doctrine as such, appears in the New Testament, nor... in the Old Testament." Micropedia, vol. 11, p. 928.

http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/que...

Must You Believe in The Trinity To Be Christian?

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazi...

• fixerken
      5 years agoReport

What MAM said does show the trinity to be a false belief(Eli, Eli Lama Sabachthani)!
      I like your reference work!

• Keith

The point is simply, in order to be God's Son, and be less than God, is demoting God as being lesser, since you are making God's Son Inferior to God, so you are putting Inferiority to God, by saying Jesus is less than God.

The Hebrews 1:9 is a quote from OT scripture, proves Christ's superiority over the angels by citing 7 Old Testament passages.

It was necessary for this to be proven for in the first-century world, Pagan and Christian alike accorded great significance and power to angels.

Some had possibly taught that Christ Himself was an angel and for that reason able to perform miracles, and Hence the INEQUALITY to God coming into play.

There is evidence from Scripture (Col.2:18) that some even Worshiped Angels.

Angels were also involved in the giving of the Mosaic Law (2:2; Act 7:53, Gal.3:19).

Thus, if the author wishes to prove the overall Superiority of Christ, he must prove that Christ is Superior to the angels.

Jesus' Superiority Over the Angels is presented in a seven fold manner.

(10Being the SON, He has a better NAME than they (v4,5);

(2)He is Worshiped (v6); and served (v7) by the angels;

(4)Jesus IS GOD (V, 8);

(5)Jesus CREATED the ANGELS (v. 10),

(6)Jesus is from Everlasting to Everlasting (vv, 11, 12), and

(7)SITS at the RIGHT HAND (V13).

The dignity of the Son is the Dignity of God, but the dignity of the angels is that of MERE SERVANTS (v14)

Source(s): TheBibleKJV
    • Gloria
      5 years agoReport

If all you say is true, can you explain Philippains 2:9. Wherefore God highly exalted him (JC) and given him a name which is above every name. God exalt God? to what????

read hebrew 1:8 jesus is God , your version of verse 9 is wrong, Jesus is talking to John , your god means jesus

• fixerken
      5 years agoReport

showing that the one addressed is not the Most High God but is a worshiper of that God. Hebrews 1:8 quotes from Psalm 45:6, which originally was addressed to a human king of Israel.

Since the rest of the First Chapter of Hebrews clearly declares Jesus IS God, your question is moot.

You have forgotten that Jesus, existing as God, laid aside His divine powers to live life as a man, and as a man, He earned the favor of God.

• Gloria
      5 years agoReport

What people do not understand is Jesus is a mighty God. His Father, is the Almighty God. Read John 5:19-30 How can God exalt him (JC) and give him a name above every name if he is already God. Search the scriptures for in them you will find the truth and lean not to the interpretation of others.

The story is a lie. When the writer makes Jesus, (the character Jesus was invented by the writers of the NT, and they were Romans) say that his father is greater than he is, that is correct because the father mentioned is the inventor of the character Jesus. All that you refer to is intended to confuse anyone who believes the story. The power given to Jesus means that his father/inventor used the composite character Jesus as a tool against the Judeans in trying to make them leave Judaism. The Romans killed millions of Judeans in the 1st and 2nd centuries CE just because they refused to accept the fictional Jesus and bow down to the Roman emperor.

Source(s): To start to learn more you need to read the book "Piso Christ By Jay Gallus and Roman at bookstores and Amazon
    • Gloria
      5 years agoReport

Reading thrash wouldn't help you understand anything about God and Jesus our Savior.

• The King James Version, is NOT a Bible translation, but a VERSION of the Bible which has thousands of mistakes and a language that is no longer spoken. Check out some of these URLs;

http://www.biblestudy.org/basicart/bible-errors.ht...

http://www.bible.ca/b-kjv-only.htm

http://watch.pair.com/TR-kjv-issues.html

http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/graphic1designer/erro...

http://bible.org/article/why-i-do-not-think-king-j...

http://www.geocities.com/athens/olympus/5257/kjver...

Here are just a couple of examples of a dead language;

Leviticus 26:16 KJV

I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

(Leviticus 26:16)NWT 16 then I, for my part, shall do the following to YOU, and in punishment I shall certainly bring upon YOU disturbance with tuberculosis and burning fever, causing the eyes to fail and making the soul pine away. And YOU will simply sow YOUR seed for nothing, as YOUR enemies will certainly eat it up.

1 Corinthians 10:25 KJV

Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:

(1 Corinthians 10:25)NWT 25 Everything that is sold in a meat market keep eating, making no inquiry on account of YOUR conscience;

Source(s): 77 years of common sense, 67 years of research and 52 years of Bible study and 42 years as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. I don’t make any snap decisions.

Eli, Eli Lama Sabachthani!

Kills any "Jesus is God" claims.

• fixerken
      5 years agoReport

I agree, why would Jesus cry out, My God My God why have you forsaken me if he is God incarnated?