Kano
Lv 7
Kano asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 6 years ago

Should celebrities be involved in the environment, this is about Mia Farrow?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

They can if they want to be, just like anyone else.

In this case I don't think there is any question that the jungle has been fouled by the oil companies. The problem was with the lawyer, not with Farrow. It's unfortunate that his actions are holding up the clean up.

I'm a little unclear what Farrow is supposed to have done wrong, getting paid for supporting a good cause? By the way, she disputes the amount given, she said it was much lower than that.

• Gringo
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

That a US court threw out the Ecuadorian lawsuit does not mean that Chevron therefor did not pollute the Lago Agrio field which is what Mia Farrow and other celebrities campaigned against.

The linked tallbloke 'article' is just another 'guilt by association' fallacy (which BTW has nothing to do with global warming). And we're not just talking about an environmental issue here: this is about 18 billion gallons of cancerous materials being injected into the ground resulting in increased cancer rates.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

I hate Mia Farrow

She made Woody Allen, one of my heroes and favorite filmmakers, upset and humiliated

• 6 years ago

All celebrities have an opportunity to voice their opinions; we don't, except here on the computer. This does not mean they are right however.

It means that we should think and draw our conclusions from 'valid' information.

Persons who simply say-- let them act and they should stay out of politics-- bring nothing to the table.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

CR is wrong again. Mia is a typical example. Just look at the recent 'People's March' in New York and fossil fuel guzzling Leo. Then look at Al Gore squeezing into a greenie despised SUV.

Ha! Ha! The whole can see right through you big hypocrites and you go on pretending that you are legitimate. Ha! Ha!

• 6 years ago

as with the lawyer, not with Farrow. It's unfortunate that his actions are holding up the clean up.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Mia Farrow is a poor example.

Celebrities can care about the environment and some are very intelligent.

http://proto-knowledge.blogspot.ca/2011/03/celebri...

• 6 years ago

There is no reason that she or anyone else should not be involved. They all have there charities. Look at Oprah and her girls school in Africa - when there are thousands of African American females that could benefit from education and it would benefit the country she was born in.

• 6 years ago

Right - How many here know that Algore's family fortune was due to their ownership in Occidental Petrol? He still owns mush of the same shares his daddy bought.

• 6 years ago

Since they live, in Earth's environment, of course they should.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.