Is it possible to get an std in throat but not genitals?

I got throat symptoms (like tonsillitis) with in about 18-20 hours after having oral sex with someone, they didn't finish in my mouth, but i has intercourse with them about 2 times finishing in me both times. when i had the Gonorrhea and chlamydia swabs they were negative but i didn't get a throat swab. I... show more I got throat symptoms (like tonsillitis) with in about 18-20 hours after having oral sex with someone, they didn't finish in my mouth, but i has intercourse with them about 2 times finishing in me both times. when i had the Gonorrhea and chlamydia swabs they were negative but i didn't get a throat swab. I went to the dr and they thought it was tonsillitis but it just wont fully clear. Today i got a throat swab and blood tests just in case.
Would it be at all likely i got infected only in my throat but not the genitals?
Update: I'd just like to say the dr never tested me for strep they only looked at my throat.