Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 7 years ago

father doesn't even want me?

Hi guys,

Background in short:

- Mother died when i was a baby

- Father's side (his mum,dad, brothers sisters looked after me and raised me and he lived with them also up until he remarried)

- at age 4 he remarried (evil step mother story)

- Lived with my fathers side while father left with his new wife and new kids, and distanced from his own family including me

- Recently divorced the evil step mom

Anyway he hasnt spoken to me in years, or his family members and hasnt visited either.

I tried to text him but it's always me starting the conversations. And theyre not even true conversations.

I understand the evil step mom caused a huge rift but he knows that also but whilst knowing that he doesnt reach out to me whatsoever, and he puts photos up of his other kids. (sorry if i come across harsh)

I just feel so unwanted by him and the sad thing is i havent done anything?

Should I be feeling so bad inside? What advice can you guys give me?

Favorite Answer

Father doesn't even want me? ----------

Sorry you feel bad. Your feelings are quite normal for the situation of being ignored by your father. Just remember, you did nothing wrong and are not a bad person, it's you father who is behaving badly. He's ignoring his 'old' family, which you are included in.

It would be very important for you to seek out mentoring, guiding types of adults to take the place of your father. It does you no good, and hurts you, to keep trying to get his attention. Sorry to say it, but your father is acting like a schmuck and is missing out on being close to you. He should be ashamed of himself.

Sometimes it is better to accept reality than beat our heads against a wall.

Good luck.

i'm so sorry. I'll be your friend your not alone you know. Maybe if you get closer to him and like invite him over for dinner or something you can both bond, I mean like your his daughter so why not try to do something he likes to do and get closer ;) I hope this helps