CCC asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 5 years ago

Do you think the name Calista is too "out there" or weird?

Or is the name too associated with Calista Flockhart?

….

• Favorite Answer

My husband loves this name, it's actually one of the names he keeps suggesting for our baby girl! I have to admit, it's been growing on me too recently. I find it quite charming and the nickname "Callie" is adorable.

I don't think you'll have to worry about the Calista Flockhart reference, as you can see I don't think many people remember Ally McBeal or are just too young to remember it. Hell, I was only 11 or so when it came out. And the only reason I even saw it was because my cousin used to watch it while she was babysitting me and my younger brother.

• Not at all. Its a pretty name, my favorite full name for Callie. It isn't out there at all in my opinion, its a bit uncommon but overall a fairly "normal name". I had no idea who Calista Flockhart was until I just googled her, so I'm not sure if that says something about the younger generation or just my lack of knowledge, but I don't think a lot of people will automatically associate that actress with the name.

♡ ~ ✗○, Αɴɴɴᴀʙᴇʟ

Calista Flockhart is the reason why the name is not out there or weird.

The first time I heard Calista, I thought it was odd, but it grew on me. Now it's just not a common name. I know someone who named their child Callista, call her Callie

• Halo Mom
      5 years agoReport

I guess nobody watched brothers and sisters, that show was over 2011

No not really. I actually know somebody with that name (although she spells it Kalista) and I didn't really think anything of it when I met her. Personally, I think it's a great name and if she finds it too long or uncommon when she gets older, she can always shorten it to Callie.

• smurfy

I love the name and think it's common

• ?
      5 years agoReport

Callista as common?! Far from it😂

• ?

Yes. Too weird and too out there

I don't know who callista flockhart is. Sounds like a fictional character from some fantasy series.

• ?
      5 years agoReport

If 20 is old then...lol. But yeah, I have heard of many actresses and actors before even the ones from the old generation of Hollywood. But I honestly have never heard of "callista flockhart" but you must admit, it sounds like a great name for a female character in a fantasy story.

It is different.