Crys
Crys asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 6 years ago

What graphics card can i upgrade to on my working system atm?

Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz, 2700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

my graphics card atm is a nvidia geforce 210

im wanting to get a new graphics card how do i calulate whats the biggest one i can get for my system? and does anyone have suggestions on any good ones? i do like the nvidia cards as its worked for me for a long time

Favorite Answer

"im wanting to get a new graphics card how do i calulate whats the biggest one i can get for my system?"

First you consider your PSU, your case size, and then you worry about your CPU's ability to provide the GPU with enough information to work.

And how much you want to spend. You want to spend 50-75 bucks? Get a 740 or 650, maybe a 650 Ti. Or a 640 if you want to spend a bit less. or a 630. You want to spend more? I wouldn't get more than a 750 Ti, but a 750 would also work.

As long as your power supply can handle it, i would get a 750ti because its cheap at around 150$. I wouldnt go any higher because a 760 or 770 would probably take too much power for your PSU and the cpu would be a bottleneck.

GeForce GTX 760 TI is probably the best you can get. Don't get AMD whatever you do. They make terrible GPUs. Anyway. Go with that one but also make sure you have enough RAM and space for it.

Source(s): I have a GTX 780 TI

You can theoretically get any GPU for your PC as long as it will fit and you have enough power for it... I'd recommend something like a AMD 7770