2. 如果只是休學的話，我是不是只要withdraw所有已修的課程，然後和international student office說一聲就好？
4. 申請休學後，以香港特區護照申請的F-1，我可以逗留(grace period)在美國多久？
- GaryLv 76 years agoFavorite Answer
1. In the U.S., there is no official procedure about withdrawing from the college. There is only a procedure for leaves of absence.
2. Not that simple.
a. Leave of absence must be applied in writing and approved by your department. Your school's registrar's office should have the information;
b. If you have compelling reasons, your school can in fact retroactively drop your courses so that you will not penalized by "W" (But you will have to check with the school).
In most of the case, international student office will be your last place to go (as they deal with your I-20 only).
3. Usually 1 year. No - within the year of the leave of absence, the school simply keep your registration priority (as in most colleges, 1 semester/quarter of absence will trigger re-admit procedure).
4. 30 days.