Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 years ago

When an Attorney General resigns, what does indicate ?

Why did Bush Jr. have 3 resign !?

John Ashcroft Alberto Gonzales Michael Mukasey

update.. 2 resigned John Ashcroft Alberto Gonzales

• G
    Favorite Answer

There's a hell of alot more money to be made in the private sector, and it comes with a fraction of the pressure and scrutiny. I'd do the same. Plus, when you have "former US Attorney General" on your resume there isn't a client in the world that wouldn't pick you.

• Frank

In the case of this one who is the longest-serving Attorney General in our history, it simply means that he wants to move on to the next phase of his life. He has wanted to resign for some time but circumstances have kept him in office. I am sorry to see him go. He is the most consequential Attorney General since Robert Kennedy and one of the most consequential in U.S. history.

In this case, it indicates he has been in the Justice Department in some position since the administration of Ronald Reagan, which is almost 40 years now. I don't think I could have stuck it out that long.

That there is a job opening in the Federal Government.

• Frost

Here's a different question : When an acknowledged corrupt Attorney General REFUSES to resign in spite of several law breaking scandals like Fast and Furious which led to the shooting deaths of hundreds including U.S. BP Agent brian terry.....what's does it indicate about eric holder?

FYI libs - I don't give a shti if you vote me thumbs down, it's the only form of protest you've got since you won't be able to prove me wrong.

• James

When an Attorney General resigns, it means he is sick and tired of being a political target. He wants to be a human being---again---and TREATED like one.

• dumb

They may perceive themselves as guilty in the admin of the job. Hence they are jumping their own boats before they become prosecuted themselves.

It indicates a couple possible things

1. He's afraid of what will come out when he has to hand over Fast n Furious docs in the next few days.

2. He wants to Campaign for Democrats in the Mid-terms. Galvanzing the minority vote with chants of "Republicans will enslave you ! (vote for us and we'll pay you)

3. He's tired of the job

Cons don't care about facts like that. They like to act like things that happen while in office never happened before.

FYI

Holder is the fourth-longest serving attorney general in United States History.

It means Eric Holder is tired of wasting his life to protect ungrateful Americans.