Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 6 years ago

Professional Wrestling: How did Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson 'Bury' Booker T. anymore then Chris Jericho/The Dudley Boyz?

When Chris Jericho made his debut The Rock asked 'Who in the blue hell are you' following that up with 'It doesn't matter...', same goes for when The Dudley Boyz faced The Rock; yet WWE is 'Racist' and 'Buried' Booker T. because he received the same exact treatment as both Jericho and The Dudley Boyz?

Update:

I see;

Update 2:

Update 3:

$9.99

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't see why people make a big deal out of The Rock asking Booker T who in the blue hell he was. The Rock does that with everybody, no matter how big of a star you are. And I mean EVERYBODY. In The Rock's mind, nobody is a bigger star than he is and that's exactly what he was portraying with Booker T. Besides, it was only a setup just so he could say one of his well-known catchphrases anyway, "It doesn't matter what your name is!" The Rock has made a fool of The Undertaker, Chris Jericho, Triple H, Mankind (his own tag team partner), The Hurricane (in fact, this put him over big time), Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold, John Cena, and Hulk Hogan in the same way and none of them were buried. The issue with Booker T is no different. In spite of The Rock asking Booker what he asked him, Booker T and The Rock still put on one of the best matches I've ever seen at SummerSlam. Sure, Booker T didn't win it, but it's hardly a burial because the match was high profile, not a squash match, and Booker T was still a top guy at the time.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

That is just how people view it looking back now, yeah, he said that to booker, yes, this is one of the reasons sting quoted as not coming in to wwe at that time.

The rock is a trash talker, and he does that to anyone and everyone, I didn't think anything about it at the moment when it happen, maybe wwe does have something against wcw guys because they was competition for so long, but that isn't why Rock said that to booker, he wasn't trying to bury booker t, they was in a major feud with each other too, it wasn't done outside the ring, it wasn't rock's personal feelings toward booker, it was just a part of the show and it has been blown way out of proportion over the years.

People either heard about it and are taking it out of context, or are twisting it to fit their anti-wwe views, when they bring it up these days.

• robertownsyou
      Lv 4
      6 years agoReport

there was definitely some animosity against the wcw guys at that time, but people like booker showed that it could be overcome.
      and even that's just talking about the wcw guys at the time of the acquisition. there are plenty of guys who were in wcw before they were in wwf. like austin and hhh.

• Hugh
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

as @ Amy stated, Sting citing Booker's Treatment in interviews about 'not going to WWE' gives the complaint the most 'legs'... to the point people Forget how many WCW/ECW Alumnus (and countless WWE Staff) he did it to

I think that with Booker as WCW Champion and the 'slam' coming as part of the Invasion; a case could be made that by Rock not taking Booker Seriously (regardless of what he did to others) that it meant WWE didn't really take "WCW" seriously and by extension the Fans didn't take the Invasion seriously...

That might be putting a little too much Gravity on it... but you can't dismiss a certain degree of it, in that Rock was fresh off a 3 month 'vacation' filming Mummy Returns, and Booker was a World Champion... so it was a little more Harsh

• 6 years ago

triple H buried booker t at wrestlemania 19

• Lv 7
      6 years agoReport

Truly How, he was on the same exact level before that he was after.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.