I'm losing my faith? Help?

Hi, my name is tad and I'm 13 years old. Recently I got into a near death expiernce while I was cliff jumping. I was a tiny bit traumatized. I thought of the idea that god is pretending my life is going on. I was scared, and sad. Then I thought of other philosphy ideas. I thought that if I quote my belief in god, the problem will go away. I tried to look for evidence secretly in my head. My atheist friends at school were telling me how religion is all in your head. I got ideas that maybe hand created religion to look up to something after death. All these ideas about god and religion being false was scary. I understand that maybe the devil is getting in my head, but I just don't understand how god expects us to believe in him when there is no proof. You can never PROVE gods existence which scares me. I'm super any literal and in a deep thinker. I also understand that u can't disprove him either. Like every other philosphy idea. I'm scared he doesn't exist. Please no atheist comments, I get it, god is a stupid mind parasite, don't need to say it. But I just want someone to tell me proof or something that will bring me hope! Please in super scared and sad:'''(

Favorite Answer

Faith in Jesus is crucial for eternal life with God, Jesus, and other believers.

Unbelievers face eternal torment. This is the truth.

Proof that God is real---the Jews!

1) Do you acknowledge that Jews exist?

2) Where did the Jews originate from/ why are the Jews called "Jews"?

3) What foreshadowings/fulfilled prophecies do you know about?

Do you know that the Jewish Bible (Tanakh) is actually the Old Testament in the Holy Bible?

The Old Testament books were written hundreds of years apart from the coming of Jesus.

So the Jews are people who have descended from Judah one of the twelve tribes of Israel. Genesis 29:35 She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son she said, “This time I will praise the LORD.” So she named him Judah. Then she stopped having children. NIV

Fulfilled prophecy is the biggest reason I am a believer.

God gave the world proof through fulfilled prophecy.

Prophecy is stating what will happen in the future and then having it happen.

King David descended from the tribe of Judah. The Messiah is to be a descendant of the tribe of Judah. The Messiah was to be born in Bethlehem. The Messiah was to come out of Egypt. The Messiah was to be born of a virgin. The Messiah was to have his clothing go to those who cast lots for them. All of this was fulfilled by Jesus. No one else has fulfilled the prophecy of the Tanakh. These prophecies were given hundreds of years before the coming of Jesus. And they all happened!

The Bible ACCURATELY foreshadows Jesus in the following ways:

The Passover lamb died on the 14th of Nisan. Its' blood was placed on the door frames of the Israelites homes to protect the Israelites from the angel of death and the plague of the first born males. Those that had faith that the blood of the lamb would save them (the Israelites) were protected from physical death. The Egyptians, who did not have faith in the blood, died. No bones were to be broken on the Passover lamb.

Jesus, the true Passover Lamb, died on the 14th of Nisan. Those who have faith in the blood of Jesus to save them will be spared spiritual death. Those who do not believe will suffer eternal torment in the lake of fire. No bones were broken on Jesus.

Many other prophecies/foreshadowings occurred. Jesus is the truth.

John 3:14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,

John 3:15 that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. NIV

Biblical prophecy tells that in the End Times the Jews will finally see that Jesus is the Messiah and repent and He will be their Lord and Savior.

Have you heard of the Isaiah 9:10 prophecy fulfilled by politicians Tom Daschel, John Edwards, and Barack Obama? The book "The Harbinger" or the DVD "The Isaiah 9:10 Prophecy" has the information regarding this. I recommend the DVD since you can watch the videos of the prophecy being fulfilled.

You now see the proof. For your own sake, will you please see if what I typed is true. If it is, turn to God for all who truly seek Him will find Him and eternal life. Jesus died so believers could be saved from their sins.

Always seek the truth.

The Torah is the first five books of the Bible. The Tanakh is the Hebrew Bible/ Jewish Bible. The books are in a different order than the Old Testament.

Also look at the following question

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140...

for fulfilled prophecies.

Don't think that saying what is going to happen in advance is hard, maybe?

Name the next two presidents.

God gave prophecies hundreds of years before the events and the prophecies were true.

Next great prophecies to be fulfilled: the great war (WWIII, the rebuilding of the Temple, and the persecution of Christians. THEN, the SECOND COMING OF CHRIST!!!!

God Bless

• James

I was beginning to think you were open minded and willing to hear any answers... but then you said no atheist comments. Either way, I'm still going to post my answer.

You are naturally at the age where people will question a faith. Faith is the belief in something based on no evidence, and that is the same across all religions. You are basically seeing for yourself that there is evidence that destroys the idea of a god, so why would you continue to fool yourself for the rest of your life. I'm not trying to convert you, but if the proven answers are there from modern research, why would you still follow something that has no modern evidence and has been translated multiple times though the millennia? We all know how bad google translate is, so the same effect is with all religious books. They say 10 million animals fit on a boat, the world is flat, a horse can fly you to the moon and people can walk on water. The evidence is there, don't try and block it.

As for prayer to god, that too is just basically hoping. You can hope for something, but it doesn't always happen, that's just life. I was a Christian until I was about 8, then I wondered how all the things in the bible were real... looked at the evidence and I see no need to follow a 2000 year old book and let that make my future.

• Teddy

If there is no god, then...

--how does your heart pump even when you're asleep?

--how do your lungs fill and empty without any thought on your part?

--how did life start? (Scientists keep trying with their amino acid/blocks of life theories, but they can't duplicate it.)

--why isn't everyone on earth as evil as Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, or Hitler? What stops us from being that self-serving? Self-serving is natural, right?

--If a certain hummingbird evolved to sip nectar out of a certain flower, how did the generations of hummingbirds that were needed to evolve manage to evolve without dying off from lack of nectar? If the plant slowly evolved with that hummingbird, what was so different about the hummingbird and the plant that they both had to adapt to survive, weren't they already adapted? Thus, they never need to evolve?

--Why do people hate God? If he doesn't exist, isn't that kind of like hating the tooth fairy? Rather pointless, and yet people are truly angry with a god they don't think exists. Where is that logic?

--What caused the Big Bang? What was before the Big Bang that there needed a cause? If the universe ebbs and flows, like Hawking believes, what happened when it ebbs again? If it's multiverses, how could one prove that theory? If scientists "know" how the universe began, then why are there three theories?

--If Moses didn't really listen to God and God didn't do all those plagues through him, then why are the exact same plagues used in stories from ancient Greeks? Why do the plagues have proof elsewhere in history? (There were nations of people -- small nations, but nations anyway -- that left their land because the frogs kept taking over.) Why is there so much archeological support for so much said in the Bible? Why is there so much evidence that what happened with Jesus really happened, even among people who didn't want it to happen?

--explain miracles. They are happening as much today as ever (granted, miracle implies not an every day kind of thing, but it happens often enough), especially in places that never heard of Christ before, (often remote parts of Africa and Asia), and because of them people believe?

--Why would the story of God keep going, if it's bupkis?

That's just a starting point. If you want true proof of God, do your own research.

You're still vertical, aren't you? You're still alive. God is all around us, In nature, in crying babies, etc. Just look around and see, open your eyes. Don't let your atheist friend sway you from that, don't let anyone take hope away from you. There is always hope. That's why God made the darkness, so we could see the light. One of Satans biggest tricks he ever plays on humans, is to make you doubt and think God is not real, don't believe that, because that's what faith is for. You're so young, don't loose faith or hope, keep strong. Good luck. God is real, dont' let others take that away.

If we find ourselves loosing sight of our Faith, the only answer is to start turning to God more, in prayer, in action, in study, in thought & deed, in service to others in meditation, pondering and FAITH - OR we can turn away from HIM and lose our Faith. I look at it this way - if we believe in Him, follow Him, love others, become a better,kinder person all the days of our lives whether HE IS REAL and there when we die or isn't - WHAT have we lost and we have gained much as have the people around us who have benefited from our faith and love.

god has left plenty of proof of him self

god contacted people and told them what to write

everything god created testifies of god

Romans 1:18-20Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

18 What is revealed is God’s anger from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people who in their wickedness keep suppressing the truth; 19 because what is known about God is plain to them, since God has made it plain to them. 20 For ever since the creation of the universe his invisible qualities — both his eternal power and his divine nature — have been clearly seen, because they can be understood from what he has made. Therefore, they have no excuse;

• Aaron

God wants to show you His love and believe it or not, gain your trust. God knows our frame and that we "are but as dust." Ask God to show you He exists. He will show you He is real, and although you might have to wait, He will not deny you your needs. Don't listen to atheists. They don't want to believe and act like they're helping you. They want you to be as lost as them......they're evangelists for their own religion.

Ask Him to fill you with His Spirit and show you His love. He will never deny a good thing to anybody who asks.

Isaiah 55:6

Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

No loving Father will ignore the cries of His child. Same with God.

• Stefan

It's a good thing to doubt. It makes you wonder what kind of god YOU want to believe in, if any.

Every religion describes it's god or gods.

Every religion thinks it's right.

So every religion is wrong.

Source(s): atheist

God is the universe, it's eternal and it created you. Think about it, your "heavenly" "father". It's a concept, but also a real proven thing. God made us in his image. The Satanical viewpoint is I am God. You get reborn over and over, the universe goes in an endless loop. It's really great yeah.

coming from a 15 year old, trust me I think death constantly. My friend overdosed on a drug one time and was dead for 7 seconds and he said it felt like sleeping so yeah, death is inevitable, just accept it.