promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 years ago

Why do Christian missionaries go to poor countries and try to convert them to their religion by laying and bribing to gain more converts?

I hate the fact this is happening in my Country Nepal India and other parts Asia and Africa. Why don't these people ever try convert western white people who have high intelligence good education and jobs or developed. Asian countries who kick these missionaries out because they these people will destroy their native culture and religion possibly?

Do these people go to 3rd world and pay people to convert and destroy native religion and culture what kind of sick freaks are they pretending to be peaceful and shamelessly lying about, their own religion to gain more converts?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

'Belief' is an infection of the imagination!

'Beliefs' must be constantly defended and validated... and spread!

The most likely ready 'host' is one with a low resistance, one who is suffering; hungry, cold, poor...

It is an easy target.

A dew dollars creates the sympathetic trusting bond through which the infection is transmitted.

Re-infection?

Aren't you going to church on Sunday?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

The missionaries interests is about helping those less fortunate than themselves those who struggle with disease and poverty and malnutrition. They do this in spiritual fulfillment seeing Christ's work is done. The people that convert to Christianity do so because they see these missionaries doing His work they are not forced to convert and are not obligated to convert again the missionaries do not seek to profit off of people.

I have a friend from India he was Hindu and he told me that because of the caste system the British implemented in India and even after it was abolished there still remained a caste system. What it is if you are born into a family and let's say your parent was a seamstress you would be a seamstress, if your parent was a engineer you would be an engineer, if your parent was a farmer you would be a farmer this is what separated the wealthy from the extremely poor so the family you are born into would determine your future career or job. Even after the caste system was done away with people still struggled on the lower end to work themselves out of the lower class income level. Also Hinduism is about bettering one's self it's not about helping others to better themselves. So you could say Hindus cared little about helping the poor which is why the poor embraced Christianity because of the charity shown by the Christian missionaries. My friend was one of those people that converted to Christianity because he didn't want to be like the Hindus.

• 6 years agoReport

With a name like that Non-Believers Are Dead Inside

I doubt that your actually a peaceful person you seem to hate people of different faiths and even atheist you must be a narrow minded Christian extremists.

• 6 years ago

I don't know, why do Muslims invade poor countries and force the people who live there to convert to Islam and kill the ones who refuse?

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

This is what Christians do my friend that is inbetween SLAGGING off Atheists. I have never been on a forum as bad as this for the practice to be going on, it's disgusting behavour.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Grace
    Lv 4
    6 years ago

Those people lack empathy. They have no ability to connect to shame. they can't feel it. If they did, they wouldn't be as destructive as they are. They actually think that they are doing good. They don't know that they are living in the equivalent of evil

• 6 years ago

Here's why:

Mk 16:15 He said to them, “Go into all the world, and preach the Good News to the whole creation. 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who disbelieves will be condemned.

There are also missionaries sent to first world western white countries. Churches in America send missionaries to other parts of America, and parts of Europe as well.

Jesus basically taught that any religion other than Christianity will send a person to hell. Christians don't want to go to hell or want others to go to hell so they try to teach them about Jesus to save them from hell.

There is nothing in Christianity commanding the changing of a culture; however, as people in a particular culture become Christians, they will cease those practices that are sinful. For instance, in the ancient Roman world, gladiator fights to the death were part of the culture. As more and more people converted, eventually that sinful practice ceased because of the influence of Christians. So much so that in many countries, such a practice is illegal.

Now if missionaries are lying or bribing, that is wrong. At my church, if they caught a missionary doing something like that, the church would withdraw their support for him or her, and therefore most likely he or she would have to return to the states.

• G C
      Lv 7
      6 years agoReport

So if they 'caught' a preacher teaching the Biblical creation record as if from God, then they would withdraw? Teach the Bible only even if you can only stand alone.

• 6 years ago

People in poor countries don't trust their government nor their fellow citizens.

When people can't trust people they seek gods and prophets.

Therefore poor countries are easy targets for Christian missionaries.

• G C
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

It is always best to take truth and facts. Evolution cannot be found in nature, whereas the Bible has been validated by nature (objective science) as truth. Best to teach truth than lies.

• 6 years ago

thats religion brua

• 6 years ago

because western people are difficult to be deceived. india and nepal are idiot folk.thats why.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.