4 JW's: IF Jesus is God's "first created" like you say he is. Then why does Scripture say that he,The "Word" is Eternal in 1 John 1:1-3?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

We read this prophecy about Jesus Christ.

(Micah 5:2) ...yet out of thee shall he (Jesus) come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from old, from EVERLASTING.

Jesus is eternal with no beginning or ending (John 1:1)

What the JWs are not understanding about Jesus Christ is his DIVINE nature.

(Mat 1:18) ...she was found with child of the HOLY GHOST.

(Mat 1:20) ..for that which is conceived in her is of the HOLY GHOST.

Inside of Christ's human body was the Holy Ghost of God --his divine nature

Nowhere in scripture do we read of God creating another human with the Holy Ghost

(John 1:14) And the Word (Jesus) was made flesh.

(Gal 4:3) But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law.

None of these verses say God created Jesus but rather he was made flesh from a woman (Mary) --his human nature.

It is unfortunate that the JWs misunderstand (Phil 2:6-8) by saying Jesus never claimed to be God in the first place but instead chose to be a servant and a man only.

Yet (Phil 2:6) clearly says "Who (Jesus), being in the form of God"

So what was Jesus before he became a man ?

Why cant the JWs accept that BEFORE Jesus became flesh and a servant/ man -- he was God existing in the ETERNAL GODHEAD ?(Rom 1:20 and Col 2:9)

We cant understand with our limited human minds on how God became a man --- we must believe this by faith (Heb 11:1-3)

(1Tim 3:16) And without controversy great is the MYSTERY of GODLINESS: God was MANIFEST in the FLESH.

(1John 3:5) And you know that he (Jesus) was MANIFESTED to take away OUR SINS; and in him is no sin.

Source(s): KJV 1611
  • 6 years ago

Firstly, I'm not a JW, but I feel this issue is of great importance. No matter which side you take, you must at least be honest and admit that there is more than one possibly way to translate this verse. With your vast knowledge of Greek, you should know that there are multiple uses of theos. It doesn't always mean YAHWEH. If we look at what the entire bible says about GOD and his son, then we must be honest in our translation. Jesus is said in the end (1 Cor. 18:28) to be made "subject" to GOD a word that an expert could easily see means to place or rank under someone else.

I myself study Greek, especially as it pertains to the NT translations, and John 1 is only the tip of the ice berg, trinitarian bias is rampant in most translations. The idea of a second person or trinity is NEVER mentioned in any Greek manuscript! So if you're looking to perfect a translation, take those words out of your vocabulary, because God doesn't want us to add to, or privately interpret his WORD.

Source(s): truth-about-god.com
  • Micah
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

1Jo 1:2

(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

John says eternal life is with the Father, not Jesus. Without the God and Father of Jesus no one would have eternal life. If Jehovah had not sent his Son to earth to be a ransom sacrifice, eternal life could not be attained because of our inherited sinful condition.

Jesus was indeed created by Jehovah who is the God and Father of Jesus.

The Bible clearly teaches this, but some make up their own rules and doctrines and ignore what the Bible says.

They prefer to worship a triune god rather than only one true God, which is idolatry.

They place the Son above the Father and most ignore the holy ghost which is also God according to trinity worshippers.

Do they ever pray to the "ghost"? Do they pray to the "ghost in the name of the other God Jesus or God the Father?

If not, why not? Isn't the holy ghost God?

You keep saying all three are God. So all three can be prayed to and worshipped according to trinitarians.

Do they worship the "ghost"? If not, why not?

According to trinity worshippers all three deserve to be prayed to and worshipped.

See how unbelievable the trinity really is? Satan fully supports the trinity doctrine. He wants all people to fall for this pagan doctrine because it confuses all people, makes the one true God a mystery and is God dishonoring.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe the Bible over the trinity lie.

We prefer the truth.

• 6 years ago

What does eternal mean?

1 a : having infinite duration : everlasting <eternal damnation> b : of or relating to eternity c : characterized by abiding fellowship with God <good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life? — Mark 10:17(Revised Standard Version)> 2 a : continued without intermission : perpetual <an eternal flame> b : seemingly endless <eternal delays> 3 archaic : infernal <some eternal villain … devised this slander — Shakespeare> 4 : valid or existing at all times : timeless <eternal verities>

The Greek word is αíώνιον and is found in all the following verses:

Ephesians 3:11

John 17:3

Hebrews 6:2

Revelation 14:6

2 Thessalonians 1:9

In these verses it doesn't mean no beginning, it does mean no end. In fact, this word is found 45 times in the NT - nearly every time it is NOT referring to something with no beginning AND no end, rather just no end.

Edited to add:

Strong's Concordance

aiónios: agelong, eternal

Original Word: αἰώνιος, ία, ιον

Part of Speech: Adjective

Transliteration: aiónios

Phonetic Spelling: (ahee-o'-nee-os)

Short Definition: eternal, unending

Definition: age-long, and therefore: practically eternal, unending; partaking of the character of that which lasts for an age, as contrasted with that which is brief and fleeting.

http://biblehub.com/greek/166.htm

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Continuing to live into eternity is *not* the same a never having a beginning / always having existed.

Jesus Christ is righteous & faithful, and will thus live forever, into eternity.

Jehovah God has always existed, and will never die, and thus is *from everlasting* to everlasting.

"He rescued us from the authority of the darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of his beloved Son, by means of whom we have our release by ransom, the forgiveness of our sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the FIRSTBORN of ALL CREATION; because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth. . . ." (Colossians 1:13-16)

Revelation 3:14 likewise calls him, "the BEGINNING of the creation by God."

Proverbs 8:22 says:

"Jehovah produced me as the BEGINNING of his way,

The EARLIEST of his achievements of long ago."

Now, let's consider what John had to say . . .

"In the BEGINNING was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. This one was in the BEGINNING with God. All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence." (John 1:1-3)

"So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an ONLY-BEGOTTEN SON from a father; and he was full of divine favor and truth." (John 1:14)

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his ONLY-BEGOTTEN SON, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

"By this the love of God was revealed in our case, that God sent his ONLY-BEGOTTEN SON into the world so that we might gain life through him." (1 John 4:9)

The definition for the word 'begotten' is, "generated by procreation". . . *not: 'has always existed'.*

So, Jesus Christ obviously had a beginning, so could not have existed for all time.

• Gloria
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Which Bible are you reading. My Bible the KJV says nothing about Jesus being eternal. John 1;1-3 says: In the beginning (of creation)was the word.

He is the image of the invisible GOD, first BORN of every creature. Col 1:15 KJV (Creatures are crated, Jesus was BORN OF GOD) And he is before all things, and by him all things consists. Col. 1:15

Study the word to be approved of God and lean not to thine own understanding. Study I say (not read) with prayer for understanding the truth and the Holy Spirit, which is the spirit of truth will guide you in all things pertaining to God.

• 6 years ago

The Bible says that Jesus is the Created Son of Jehovah. Only pagans accept the Trinity Doctrine over the Bible.

Attachment image
  • Evan
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Is that what the word is? 'Eternal'....I've been trying to solve that crossword for ages...

I thought 'Bird' is the word.....(Thank you, Family Guy.)

• sarah
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

***sounds like two people?

(Revelation 1:1) A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John,

• Diane
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

Thank you guys, some wonderful research and deductions there. I will note those for another time :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.