Where can i get a family portrait taken that offers a stand in family or spouse?

My mother has been wanting a portrait of me for her fireplace mantle for years now. I have been reluctant to get one because i am single and a picture of just me would not look right next to my brothers family portrait. I was wanting to get a stand in family or spouse to be in the portrait with me so the photo would look more balanced sitting on the mantle.

Favorite Answer

That is just plain odd! Find a photographer who can take a photo in a natural setting so there is pretty scenery behind you or some other creative setting. You do not have a family and having your picture taken with a group of strangers would simply be a lie. You are who you are and your mom wants a photo of YOU, not a bunch of strangers!

• kiwi

JC Penny offers portraits. I got one with my mother done and it came out great. My father got one of him and his cat... (kinda weird I guess) But if you have a pet you could take them with you.