Michael Bay Haters?

What's up with people acting so damn ungrateful with Michael Bay's movies?

He did a great job with the Transformers Movies. I haven't TMNT yet, but the trailers look so good. I swear some of you guys act like 6 year olds who don't appreciate what they get. Care to explain why you don't the movies he made?

Favorite Answer

1995 Bad Boys - Great film that I've watched countless times and it never gets old. Great script, great writing and great choice of actors.

1996 The Rock - Never watched it so cant judge this one.

1998 Armageddon - Probably one his best films.

2001 Pearl Harbor - Again, like The Rock, Ive never watched it but meant to good films.

2003 Bad Boys II - IMO, better than the first. A great story and some excellent stunts.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - It wasn't bad but Ive never enjoyed the character anyway, even from the originals.

2005 The Amityville Horror - Dreadful horror series all together, inspired by true story which is actually a hoax. Never liked any of the films so not going to judge Bay at all on this one. Didn't have much of a script to play with and most likely only hired to keep the rights in whatever film company owns it.

The Island - Never watched it.

2006 The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning - Even though I don't like the series as a whole, I enjoyed this one purely as a well directed horror film and casting R Lee Ermey was a great decision.

2007 The Hitcher - Watched parts, couldnt really get into it. Not my type of Horror film.

Transformers Yes Yes Yes - Not an avid fan so wasn't fussed about the flames on Optimus like everyone else was. I thought they looked great. The movie flowed well and I enjoyed it.

2009 The Unborn - Hmm, not a horror Ive ever got round to watching, didn't appeal to me at all, maybe ill watch it one day!!

Friday the 13th - Again, there seems to be a pattern emerging with the horrors, I think its all about rights to the movie companies and Bay will simply work on them. Never watched this because Jason Vorhees is the worst character ever!!

Horsemen - Never watched it

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - I liked this one just the same as the first one. They are just a cool movie to watch if your bored one evening.

2010 A Nightmare on Elm Street - Ok, this for me is his most controversial. But you are NEVER gonna replace Englund in the most legendary role hes ever played. I didn't enjoy it, but I was a huge fan back in the 90's so expectations were extremely high. The origin story was ok but not really relevant as they've dived into Freddys origin in the originals enough in Freddys Dead, Freddy vs Jason and mentions in the first, there was even a tv series about it too.

2011 I Am Number Four - Havent watched this.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon - As I said before, Im not an avid fan but I watched the first two, Im not sure why I haven't seen this. It looked good, maybe ill get round to it soon enough!

2013 Pain & Gain - As ****** up as it was, it was a bloody awesome film!

The Purge - Havent watched this, again its not my kind of film.

2014 Transformers: Age of Extinction - Havent watched.

The Purge: Anarchy - Havent watched.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - See I heard he changed the origin story completely and theyre actually aliens instead of turtles which is kinda stupid but Ive always thought the series was just a joke. Like some stoner pitched a cartoon idea and they were having a bad day at the office so they thought 'What the hell!?' and made the cartoon. Haha, it does look ok, surely cant be as bad as the 3 other movies which are on the same level as the Howard the Duck movie from the 80's.

So to sum it all up, I haven't watched everything hes ever done, but I guess im more of a Bay fan than previously thought!

• Grateful?

While I might agree that those who are opposed to a film simply because he's involved might be a bit much, I also don't agree with any notion that we should be "grateful" as if it's some divine being who's given us a gift.

Look... he's one of many film makers who makes blockbusters, gabbing nostalgic topics because they see it as an easy cash cow, he's not exactly one of those film makers who's in it for the art and does not care about the heart and whatnot that a film like TMNT should have. It's an ok film if we want to reduce TMNT to being a typical superficial summer film, but many don't care for that and there are certainly elements to this TMNT that are sorely missing and it's sad to see done to them.

Not to mention, some of his other films as well as early info on TMNT did nothing but help people feel skeptical and lose trust in what he and his team might do.

Michael Bay's movies aren't good. They lack true characters, plot, and story. They replace any elements of good storytelling with big action scenes, which are hard to distinguish. He takes classic franchises, and changes everything about them.

The only Bay franchise I care about one way or the other is Transformers, and honestly there are much better versions of that out there, Transformers Prime, Transformers War for Cybertron...ect. so in this case, I'm not grateful for what we got. He ruined it, and I'll just wait for the reboot.

• Joo

I'm gonna talk about him as a director (bc the other guy mentioned the ones he produced, he didn't have the sole creativity of it all.) I do think that Armageddon and Pearl Harbor are good movies. But **** like Transformers, are all style no substance.

his movies are just one big explosions. transformers you say is a great movie but in the movie the robots and humans have no character development. and also in transformer its more about the humans than the robots.

Bandwagon really

• He's the worse director ever, he should just retire & stop making Transformers movies. PLEASE DON'T LET HIM DIRECT ANY SUPERHERO MOVIES MARVEL & DC!!!

EXPLOSIONS!