I'm writing a story about a little girl who has cancer ... help?

I don't know anything about cancer... please tell me what kind of cancer a little girl can get, if it is very bad and will make her die or something, and the symptoms of cancer... thank you, 10 points!

And, I need to know what you have to do when you have that cancer, and if you have to be in bed all day or something!

Best Answer

http://www.tedpack.org/xmas_me09.html

is a Christmas News letter about our son getting leukemia. It's 85% curable today, which means your character has a 3 in 20 chance of dying. You can write to me if you like. There's about 20,000 words I haven't put to paper yet about the experience.

Research is your friend. Cancer is a very touchy and difficult subject to write about even moreso if you don't know anything. Instead of relying on this site, visit your local library and learn everything you can.

• Jerry

There are millions of links on the Internet about cancer, symptoms, and treatments. You just need to do your research.