Would you rather live in Russia or Mexico?
I'm in a dilema as I have to choose either or, because of relocation for my job.
I know Russia is richer, but the weather....
And the healthcare is SO BAD over there, at least I can get good health care in Mex.
- 6 years agoFavorite Answer
1) The climate is fine. "The Tropic of Cancer effectively divides the country into temperate and tropical zones. Land north of the twenty-fourth parallel experiences cooler temperatures during the winter months. South of the twenty-fourth parallel, temperatures are fairly constant year round and vary solely as a function of elevation. This gives Mexico one of the world's most diverse weather systems."(1) . You won't worry about purchasing super duper thick coats once you relocate in Mexico, unlike Russia.
2) Mexico's proximity to the United States of America might play a good role for your job relocation. "The two countries have close economic ties, being each other's first and third largest trading partners. In 2010, Mexico's exports totaled US$309.6 billion, and almost three quarters of those purchases were made by the United States. They are also closely connected demographically, with over one million U.S. citizens living in Mexico and Mexico being the largest source of immigrants to the United States."(2)
(3) Spanish is Mexico's de facto language. Do you know Russian, or Mexican Spanish? If not, learn Spanish instead. "Spanish is the 4th most spoken language in the world (Behind French-3rd, English-2nd, and Mandarin Chinese-1st)" (3). Spanish is easier to learn compared to Russian because Spanish uses the Latin Alphabet, while Russian uses the Cyrillic Alphabet, making Russian more tedious to learn than Spanish. Learn the language that you think is easier for you to easily adapt to the new country.
4) If you ever reside in Mexico for 5 years, you may qualify for Mexican citizenship: "The Nationality Law establishes also that a foreigner that wishes to naturalize must do the following:
-present the application to the Secretariat of Foreign Affairs;
-formulate the renunciation and taking of the oath of nationality once this has been given;
-prove knowledge of Spanish and Mexican history integration to the national culture; and
-prove residence in Mexico for five years immediately prior to the submission of the application.(4)Source(s): (1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico#Climate (2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico-United_States_... (3) http://www.omniglot.com (4) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_nationality_l...
- 6 years ago
Yes to all the reasons Cccg lol. Im assuming you're from the US. Mexico is right next to the US. Think of the flight length! It'll be short compared to Russia! lol. That will be so good during the holidays.
There are many american tourists in mex. If you are feeling home sick you can go to a bar or place where tourist go and mingle with fellow Americans.
- Anonymous6 years ago
Well, there is a shooting every 44 seconds in Mexico, so I would choose Russia. Hope they are giving you danger money.