Dr Jello asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 6 years ago

Global warming believers claim that so-called "global warming" is responsible for more weird and freaky weather.?

What is the scientific definition of "weird" and "freaky" as established by the scientific consensus? I'm not able to locate these definitions on NOAA or NASA web sites and would like help finding them.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Well, I am sure they have great expertise in 'weird' and 'freaky'. Most of them live in their mother's basements and don't have time to take their baths. After they take off their socks after they have worn them continuously for a month, the socks crawl over to the nearest corner of the basement and blend in with the decor. Now how freaky can you get?!

It is real weird that they get so freaked out over every little hurricane or tornado. As one excitable greenie screamed upstairs to his mother, "Ma! Ma! There's hurricane coming! Help! We gotta do somptin'!" The mother answered, "Pipe down! That hurricane is in the Cayman Islands and you are safely here in Vancouver. It won't get you this time!"

Global warming believers claim that so-called "global warming"?

>It's not "so called" it's documented by written records for 1700 years and ice core analysis for 100k years. Climate change has occurred on the earth since it's inception,at least 6 million years.

> Wondering and questioning are the foundation of science.

>The actual definition of weird is in the Oxford as;Suggesting something supernatural; uncanny. Yep that's the consensus of most scientists.

>The pollution spewed by humans is incalculable at this time as WE JUST DON'T KNOW..We don't have that technology yet.

> Why risk it? Recycle and reuse,,plant trees and reduce your carbon footprint?

• ?

=Wise people have said we can depend upon nature. Hopeful peole trust that nature is divinely intermediating. I know that nature is awesome and has potential of global activity that no one can ever even dreamed of...or even notice.d..so that we may continue to have a chance to live in harmony with occassional disaster, and ongoing daily miracles.

If you are reassured that despite mile wide tornados juggling 50 cars at 800 feet up, nature buffers most of the rampant waste and hasty resource management that we juggle aroud, worldwide and by wing , ping, parity, anf ferreting, then perhaps you are like me. I feel no one knows how the crazy way we tax earth really impacts it, bu=

, but if we can come together in peace to world-work some economic inyelligence and take it easier on her, perhaps she shall show appreciation in the same measure.

My wife and I were on ablack sand beach on the big island when we decided not to fill her purse with the tiny pebbles.

Source(s): Two months later, we both had the same dream the same night that we were back on that beach a d enjoying one of the most relaxing times of our life. It doesn't take much to
  • JimZ

Well they already said it was going to cool, and then they said it was going to warm, and then they threw up their hands and just said it was going to change and well that just isn't that scary so we now have climate disruption and global weirding.

Fred, most of the CO2 in the atmosphere is from volcanoes and other sources. IMO, it is you that is marching lock step with your fellow sheep.

Only about a 100 ppmV of the current 400 may be from human sources. I would point out that plant stomata data that is completely ignored by alarmists because it doesn't help the Cause because it suggests there were plenty of times when CO2 was over 300 ppmV so we can't really be sure how much human emission have raised the CO2. There is over 200 times as much carbon in the ocean as humans have emitted so it could easily get lost in the mix. Some alarmists have realized that and have tried to keep the worry to maximum by inventing the phrase ocean acidification and alarmists just gobble it up without any skepticism and assume (they know) it has to also be catastrophic.

• y

The weather that many claim to weird and freaky, are no worse then any weather that has been encountered in our own recorded history. You don't see them making a big deal out of the less then the low number of predicted hurricanes this seasons.

The credibility of alarmists was already on shaky ground with me in March of 2011...then they began to claim that "climate change causes earthquakes".

After that and the falsified data scandal, they are at square one with providing verifiable proof of climate change to me.

What weird weather Cosmic Storms and such . Its still normal

nothing changed . Rain , floods , heatwaves , blizzards.

Science is not about coming up with definitions for deliberately vague terms that you post here.

The word is "erratic." We are experiencing "Global Erratic Climate." Scientific research proves it, just ask the experts. And keep the research money coming.

• ?

As the climate warms, long established weather patterns are disrupted, leading to unusual, unseasonal, and more extreme weather. I don't think anyone in the scientific community would use words like weird and freaky, because they are, as you point out, rather vague. I don't think news outlets can resist the alliteration of "weird weather" though, it's like catnip to them.