Questions about the book, "The Most Dangerous Game"?
2. How has the conflict changed between Rainsford and Zaroff?
3. What feelings or forces within himself must Rainsford control in order to survive?
4. Why does Zaroff smile and blow the smoke ring? Who seems to have the upper hand in the conflict at this point? Explain.
5. What is Rainford'e mental or emotional reaction to Zaroff? What does Rainsford plan to do next?
6. What happens to Ivan?
7. General Zaroff regards himself as a civilized man and refers to luxuries such as champagne and fine tableware as "amenites of civilization."
-a. In our culture, what material possesions, actions, or inner qualities suggest that someone is civilized.
-b. Which do you think are better indicators that someone is civilized: material possessions or inner qualities?
-c. Is Zaroff a civilized man? Explain.
8. How is the conflict resolved at the end of the story? In other words, who wins the game, and how do you know?