Can I sue my employer for withholding information about my 'promotion'?

I work for a hotel chain that has prerequisites that people must meet before they can become general managers. This I understand, rules are rules. My problem stems from my employer telling me that I am the new general manager on Sept 3rd, and he heard back from corporate on the SAME day and was informed that I do... show more I work for a hotel chain that has prerequisites that people must meet before they can become general managers. This I understand, rules are rules. My problem stems from my employer telling me that I am the new general manager on Sept 3rd, and he heard back from corporate on the SAME day and was informed that I do not meet the qualifications. My employer does NOT inform me of this until Sept 9th, after I had been running his hotel for a week; working 12 hour days, and not a single day off for TWO weeks. Then they bring in a new manager and expect me to just take it on the chin. Is there anything I can do about this?