The New York Football Giants (No Offense Intended So Please Read)?

I have been on Yahoo Answers for a few years and for the most part i have had a lot of fun.

With that being said I've always thought when someone used the term "The New York Football Giants" they were just being rude or something and really had no idea they were actually called the that.

http://flashbak.com/my-uncle-was-drafted-by-the-ny...

Were the New York Jets called something like this as well?

I imagine it would read :

The New York Football Jets, Inc :)

I'm just curious so please don't get upset but if you do it's cool I can probably take it :)

Thanks and thumbs up to all who answer ... just give me time to get back and read the answers.

Favorite Answer

Keep in mind that when the football club was established, in 1925, a professional baseball team known as the New York Giants was already in existence. Team owners obviously felt that there had to be a way to tell the two franchises apart.

The football team was incorporated as the "New York National League Football Company, Inc." in 1929 and changed to "New York Football Giants, Inc." in 1937. Although the baseball team moved to San Francisco after the 1957 season, the football team continues to use "New York Football Giants, Inc." as its legal corporate name, and is often referred to by fans and sportscasters as the "New York Football Giants".

• Wow! So it is true. I forgot about the Giants playing baseball in the city as well. Thanks! :)

It was to distinguish the football Giants from the then baseball Giants.

The Giants and Jets now play their home games in New Jersey. They should be renamed New Jersey Giants and New Jersey Jets.

• ny21tb

the Jets, were originally called the New York Titans.

That's right, they didn't want to be confused with the MLB team also named New York Giants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_New_Yo...

What about New York Football Patriots

I was a giants fan until manning went from MVP to Mr mediocre QB I shifted to Colts

• Nemo5 years agoReport

You will be back in the bandwagon after they win another Super Bowl . Eli manning doesn't have a good supporting cast and a good O-line for couple of years now. He is having issues but you can't win two super bowls if you are a mediocre quarterback in NFL. He will bounce back . No doubt .