Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 6 years ago

How does my taste in music sound (no pun intended!)?

I am a college male that is 18 years old. My favorite artist is David Archuleta, which could said as "weird" because people say he is mostly a girls artist, but I listen for more of someone who can sing without a computer fixing it. Archuleta has just that. I also like Michael Buble and the band One Republic. However, it's not all pop, I also like some alternative rock such as some Weezer's songs. Being the tech geek I am though, I do have a thing for dubstep! One last part, I am also a writer. I'm only a college writer, meaning that I write for my journalism and composition classes, along with being a part of the school newspaper. With that comes a need to listen to score music. If you do not know what that is, it's simply like orchestra music you would hear in moves and TV shows. My favorite to listen to for score music is Murray Gould who does most of the music for Doctor Who.

All in all, how does that all sound. Is it weird at all by any stretch of the imagination?

Favorite Answer

I don't think it's weird to listen to what you like instead of caring about listening to what other people like. I'm an adult and I like David Archuleta for the same reason you mentioned and also because his music is clean and not about sex, drugs or hurting anyone. I have all 6 of David's albums (one is a Philippines album) and also his Christmas CD & DVD as guest soloist w/ the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (6 of the tracks are ones David is on). Four of the songs are in this video the choir posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgqmyimVlfU

Youtube thumbnail

David's album #5 (mainly inspirational covers) and #6 (mainly songs previously released in Asia) were released by his management while David served a 2 year church mission in Chile (he's back now and btw is DavidArchie on twitter).

I also like One Republic. I like Coldplay too. I actually generally like what David likes. I like Eva Cassidy (died too young), Tracy Chapman, Alanis Morrisette and some others David has mentioned.

Here's an Amazon list David wrote of music people should hear

http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/syltguides/fullvi...

• David6 years agoReport

I have his album with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir too, except I only have the CD, not the DVD. I LOVE his music, truly some of the best out there. Personally I put him the quality music quality with Michael Buble and Josh Groban.