Anonymous

Why am I so tired?

I'm a 16 year old girl and the past couple days I've been feeling so tired. I get maybe 7 hours of sleep a night and I go to school from 8-3:30. After school I have sports practice 2 days a week that lasts 2 hours, and a game once a week that lasts around 5 hours. On the days I don't have practice at school, I'm still doing other things for the sport that I play. I have hw every night, but not too bad. I eat a pretty healthy diet and I get a good amount of sleep I guess. I also spend at least an hr before bed on my phone, I don't know if this could be a reason. I worry a lot and I've googled tiredness and I've came across leukemia so I'm now really nervous that I have leukemia. Could anyone help me? Thanks

Best Answer

increase the amount of food you eat + add protine and natural fat like milk into it so as to provide your body with a little extra energy and try to get some 2 -3 hrs sleep on weekends for sporting people's body need extra time to re energise ie sleep early on fri and sat wheres as keep your rising hour the same at all the time since changing that can be a problem for the body. and since you are 16 your body will need that extra energy any way

Teenagers need from 8-10 hours of sleep per day so you probably need more sleep.

Fatigue is often due to an unhealthy lifestyle.

Fatigue often triggers off further problems such as headaches, migraines, dizziness, lightheadedness, shakiness and nausea.

To combat fatigue perhaps the energy vitamin B12 can help or a vitamin B complex. Coenzyme Q10 can also help to boost your energy level as in a web search for "coenzyme q10 for energy". The super food Spirulina is another good energy booster.

One of the most common fatigue causes is anxiety which is a state of fear of real or imagined danger, which is manifested as increased heart rate, trembling, panic, weakness, extreme fatigue and stomach or intestinal discomfort.

Besides anxiety there are many other common fatigue causes such as insufficient sleep, too much sleep, under eating, thyroid problems or other illnesses (such as anemia, mononucleosis, CFS, glandular fever and many others), side effects from medication, dehydration, overexertion, an unhealthy diet and other causes as discussed in a web search for "common fatigue causes".