Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPC · 6 years ago

3,000 dollar pc.?

Alright, so I need a pc. Here are the things I need it to do.

- stream on twitch

- play high end games no lag on highest setting and be able to record it no lag.

- need it to be able to edit and record gameplay for youtube for a hobby.

- need it so it can run a dual moniter or maybe triple moniter if I need to in time

-needs to be intel core and windows 7.

- also give me some 2 really good gaming moniters.

-a liquid cooler or fan cooler(whatever you think is best)

- blue led lights

-A Silencer or how ever you call it so the pc don't make alot of noise.

- will go up to 3,500 if needed or 4,000.

-16 gb or ram

-and what ever else I'm missing to make this work.

-Thank you for your help.

Favorite Answer

Just built this a few months ago. A little over $3,000 but I got a lot of discounts because I know this guy who works at Micro Center. Price match when buying these parts in a store such as Best buy, Micro Center, etc.

I have no regrets. Please copy my build, you won't regret it either. Anyway here it is and I'll break each part down...

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/SniperSR25/saved/BNs8...

- Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core -> Excellent for running a lot of processes at once

- Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid -> Extremely useful for cooling off that powerful i7 processor

- Asus SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1 ATX LGA1150 -> Excellent and fast motherboard. Has plenty of USB ports, and the rest (audio, mic, etc.) Also has a easy interactive boot menu. Look it up on YouTube. DO NOT get the Mark II.

- Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 -> Perfect amount of fast RAM (1866 is really fast). 32GB of RAM is completely unnecessary for what you're trying to achieve.

- Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" SSD -> SSDs are always great to put your OS on. With my MOBO and SSD, my computer boots to the loading screen in 8 seconds lol.

- Western Digital VelociRaptor 1TB 3.5" 10000RPM -> You can only order these online, rarely in store anymore (I don't know why, probably because of SSD's increase in popularity and memory). Great HDD run around 7,200RPM's. 10,000RPM's is very close to a SSD. You want this so you can have 1GB of space on it and be able to defrag it (you shouldn't do that with SSDs). Need more space? Get more of these or more SSD. But leave your OS and MAYBE a few games that have long loading times (like Skyrim and Oblivion) on your SSD. Any other game, music, downloads, etc. should go on the HDD.

- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked ACX -> This is the monster in the computer. This baby is the best graphics card out there right now, even better than the Titan Black (unless you need to do massive rending and need more than 3GB or VRAM...which you don't. This baby runs anything at insane FPS, you will never need to worry about running a game anymore lol. And the ACX cooling system really helps keep it cool (it has 2 fans on one side of the card.). I can run Skyrim at 60+FPS on Ultra w/ High Rez back all while maintaining a steady 40 degrees celcius. EVGA is the best manufacturer of this model graphics card (don't go with MSI, ASUS, etc)

- Cooler Master Cosmos II (Black) ATX Full Tower -> This ULTRA tower is huge. Realistically you need only a full tower but I wanted this massive tower for cooling. It has a lot of space to move air around, can fit an insane amount of HDD/SSD, fans...well really any component that you see fit. And you can open both doors but opening the one where your GPU blows out heat is better because heat won't build up on there. Also has so many USB ports. And the front fan (which takes air in to cool HDD's and SSD's, has a blue LED light (look at a picture of it.)

- Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V -> You proabably need only a 650W but I went with a 750W to be safe

- Pioneer BDC-207DBK Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer - A cheap optical drive that can read and write CD's and can read blu-ray. If you download games offline rather than use CD's then you don't need a better one. Plus it can read blu-ray (but can't write it).

- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) -> Windows 7 64-bit is the best OS out there right now. It is the most compatible with any game and has been out for a while so most bugs have been squashed. Don't listen to Andy L's Windows 8.1 suggestion. Also get the Ultimate edition if you want to support 32GB of RAM in the future.

- Asus VG248QE 24.0" -> Excellent gaming monitor. Runs at 144Hz. It makes visualizing things appear A LOT smoother than 60Hz. Trust me it REALLY ties together the GPU and itself to MAKE the computer. YouTube it.

- Asus PCE-AC68 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 -> Unfortunately I can't use an ethernet cable because it won't reach my modem but this WiFi card is amazing. I get high speed and amazing connection around 15ft away from my modem (and through walls and wood).

- I got a fan controller when I was all done but I forgot what model it is. I think it was $40 at Micro Center. Has 4 control options, blue LED light which can be covered by the front panel sliding up and down over it (the ultra tower)

That's really all I can think of right now. It's 110% worth every cent. If you put it together right you shouldn't have any problems. Any questions please comment on this.