Elisabeth Shue dated Marty McFly and Daniel LaRusso?

I noticed that "The Karate Kid" movie was taken place in 1984 and the movie "Back to the Future Part 2" was taken in 1985; and by coincidence they all have a "Valley" in the name of the town. In "Back to the Future" Marty McFly's town is Hill Valley, and in "The... show more I noticed that "The Karate Kid" movie was taken place in 1984 and the movie "Back to the Future Part 2" was taken in 1985; and by coincidence they all have a "Valley" in the name of the town. In "Back to the Future" Marty McFly's town is Hill Valley, and in "The Karate Kid" Daniel LaRusso's town is All-Valley.

Elisabeth Shue plays the girlfriend in both movies. As Ali Mills in "The Karate Kid" on 1984 and as Jennifer Parker in "Back to the Future Part 2" in 1985.

I'm thinking, didn't Ali Mills breakup with Daniel LaRusso in 1985, on Prom Night as six months passed since the December All-Velley tournament in December of 1984, to go date Marty McFly in 1985? Daniel said to Mr. Miyagi in "The Karate Kid Part 2":

"Ali broke up with me to go date someone else".

They both live in a "Valley" name, and the date fits, and I was thinking, did Elizabeth Shue brokeup with The Karate Kid in order to date a Time Traveler? A dimension paradox on The DeLorean? Marty did change time in "Back to the Future Part 1" as he transformed geeky parents into cool parents.

Do the movies connect or what? Thoughts on this. Remember Twin Pine Mall and then Lone Pine Mall? The same, right?