What Subaru should I buy?

I am looking at buying my very first brand-new car off the lot. The two vehicles I am interested in are the 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek or the Subaru 2014 Impreza hatchback. I know they are very similar but I need help deciding so which vehicle do you think I should buy and why? I do live in Minnesota where it does snow a lot I don't know if that will affect your opinion on which vehicle I should buy. Thanks for the help!!

Best Answer

I would prefer you XV Crosstrek 2014 because it is electric hybrid car and fuel efficient as well. Now a days, every body is looking for saving, no matter what the way is so it is a family car for whole of your family member and economical as well just costing $21,995.

The 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid is the lowest-emissions, most fuel efficient All-Wheel Drive hybrid crossover in America,giving you the capability to see the world with the mindful nature to keep it beautiful. This right-sized crossover features sleek styling, exceptional ground clearance, raised roof rails, and road-gripping Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive while delivering 31 combined MPG. So you can go as far as you want and tread lightly doing.

• PMack

Understand they are 90% the exact same car. People think the XV is roomier inside because it's higher, it's not. The roof is higher, but so is the floor, the interior dimensions are identical. The engine and transmission options are also exactly the same as is the 4WD system.

Here are differences - the XV has a raised suspension with small fender flares (visible in the photos) and wider tires.

What does that buy you? More ground clearance and a tougher SUV look. If you go "soft" roading (this isn't a true off road vehicle of course) the extra ground clearance and bigger tires might be a plus, if you are on the pavement most/all of the time like most people it won't.

The downside? Check the EPA ratings - that extra height takes a toll in gas mileage, the XV costs more, and the regular Impreza should ride and handle better since it sits lower.

Personally although I like the tougher looks of the XV I would not pay extra for a vehicle that handles worse and gets worse gas mileage but is otherwise the same.

• John

They do not do anything Toyota or Honda can't.