Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 7 years ago

How should I style my hair?

Hi, I need help finding a hairstyle. I was wondering if you could give me some good hairstyle pictures/examples.

So first of all my hair is short (shoulder length). It is layered, a lot. It's died black. It is thick and volumous.

I want to find a hairstyle that is more boyish, but whenever I search up short hairstyles I get these girly celebrity hair cut pics. Also I wouldn't mind cutting my hair shorter, so just throw in any links/ideas/pics that you have, thanks.

Favorite Answer

STYLES FOR SHORT HAIR:

Twill. Set. Then let tight coils free.

Try an A-line cut on a smooth, shiny bob. Top with fedora hat.

Do side-swept bangs for a feminine touch.

A tip for pulling off pink: Add layered diminution.

Let wash & wear hair air-dry for boing-y curls.

Create a casual undo with bobby pins galore.

A newsboy cap: your secret weapon.

Fancify a shaggy bob with vintage accessories.

Create texture on a piecey pixie cut.

Show-off your smile with a face-framing close crop.

Do a chic center part with a tiny little pony and pair it with a red lip for a sleek look.

Do a swirl hawk. Bedazzle your phone to match.

Short hair grows out quickly, so you can constantly play around and change up your cut. So how do you avoid that bulbous mom crop? Ask for a razor cut. If it’s cut blunt, it will fall into a (bowl) but if it’s razored, you can mold it into any shape with hair wax. If you’ve got curly hair, get a similar shape to your cut by buzzing an area underneath and styling the curls over your eyes.

Google: hairstyles for short hair. About 3,110,000 results (0.40 seconds)

Google: 5 tips to style cropped hair Aug. 3, 2014.

BTW: DON'T dye your hair black anymore.

Permanent black hair dye is linked to causing leukemia and lymphomas.

Google: Pauley Perrette Has Allergic Reaction To Black Hair Dye 7-24-14.

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

> > > Hair dye chemicals linked to cancer

London, Feb 20, 2013 I've been saying that since 2009.

Hair dyes, which include home hair colouring kits and those used at pricey salons, are linked to deadly cancer-causing chemicals, warn scientists. In 2009 the Mail revealed that women who used hair dyes more than nine times a year had a 60% greater risk of contracting blood cancer.

A year later the European Commission banned 36 hair dyes which put long-term users at risk of bladder cancer. < < < <

Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye

The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Hallowe’en party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. It’s made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. It’s well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores.

PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time. Skin specialist Najjia Ashraf reveals that there are barely any dyes that don’t contain this toxin; even the ones who claim they don’t, are not being honest. “Big brands often escape the blame by suggesting they are ammonia-free. However, ammonia and PPD are two very different things and PPD is present in nearly every dye because it is what gives off the colour,” she explains.

Google: Woman loses her hair in Riyadh salon - Aug. 12, 2014.

The hairdressers had reportedly convinced the woman that they were using natural products that would not affect her hair, but her hair fell off in huge clumps as she brushed it after being subjected to four hours of chemical torture on her scalp.

Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND. The British woman who went into coma after a reaction to hair dye has died after a year. Updated 11-25-12. The woman suffered a heart failure, struggled for breath and became unconsciousness. Her family blamed paraphenylenediamine, a chemical found in hair colour. Her family has now called for paraphenylenediamine to be banned from home dye kits. In 2000, a 38-year-old Indian-origin woman from Birmingham, Narinder Devi, died after an allergic reaction to hair dye.

Google search: Salon hair dye horror stories. About 305,000 results (0.20 seconds) OR Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. About 336,000 results (0.17 seconds) Dec. 2011

When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

Google: January Jones: "My Hair Is Falling Out In Clumps" 1-28-13 To quote Joni Mitchell, "you don't know what you got till your thick hair is gone.

My SIL was born blonde, but she continually permed & dyed her hair blonde, now she's got breast cancer. Another hairstylist from church, died of breast cancer, she was 3 years younger than me.

Source(s): Google FDA.gov & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers. Google: Hair Dye FAQ's Are Hair Dyes Safe? I stand up for cancer.
  • ?

You should mix your hair color now with a color that is one color lighter than your hair color. Such as: mix light ash brown with a color one shade lighter, then put a shade or two darker underneath. You should get more choppy layers or even get razor cut layers--for more edgyness. You should go with bangs that can be swept to the side or even grow them out to become layers. ****THE MOST IMPORTANT THING, THOUGH is that you need to be comfortable with your hairstyle, so don't be afraid to take more time to think this one over...or if you like something one person says and something another says, you could meet them in the middle or try the one that seems less bold to see if it works and gradually move up. I think you will be amazed at how wonderful you will look, when you take time to plan it out! Good luck!!! Oh--and don't ever feel pressured...it is your hair and no one can tell you otherwise.

My friends birthday and i have to make hair style . I was Wondering if you give me some good hair style picture / example.