Managing stress at work?

I'm 20 years old and I was wondering about managing stress at work. I've never had a job in high school until now, which is upsetting because my first job is full time and another thing is my agoraphobia. My mom applied to a full time job at Walmart, I'm happy I have a job, but not happy about my hours. My agoraphobia is mild and my mom signed me up when bills were getting bigger, that's when she signed me up. I didn't want to protest at the time, because I really wanted a job, but not full time! I don't even think anyone's first job should even BE full time! I have a schedule that's gone awry too! I like the idea of being paid, but not so much that it affects how I feel mentally and physically. Please, someone suggest something to me. I can't just straight up quit without some sort of strategy to battle all this.

Favorite Answer

Some wound is not healing - here is one kind of help

here is a website that might help

www.psychcentral.com

Lifestyle changes may not solve your problems but may help to keep them from getting blown into bigger ones than they need to. Getting enough sleep is very important. 7 or more hours actual sleep.

Food can be a source of health or it can be fuel on the fire of depression. If you are eating lots of sweets and carbohydrates and starches, you are setting yourself up for the letdown after the sugar high passes. This in itself can be a roller coaster experience. A high protein diet, either or both vegetable (tofu, soy products) and animal (yogurt, milk, eggs (the whites are all protein, the yokes are all fat, chicken range fed preferred, wild caught fish) Cut down or cut out carbos and feel the difference. Fruit can be subbed for desserts. Nuts can be a sub for snacks.

Yoga, exercise or walking, meditation (follow the breath 5-15 minutes on awakening and before sleeping)

Listen to soothing music and you may find yourself relaxing. I like new age or soft jazz instrumental - vocals seem to get me too involved in music.

I also spend part of my day trying to make others happy too. How I work on that is to try to help others in small ways or at least to find the common ground and have compassion for those that are opposed to me. The Dali Lama is great for this kind of compassion. His book, The Open Heart addresses compassion and practicing helping all sentient beings.

• Josh K

You're job makes up 80% of your life, if you hate your job, you're going to hate your life.

I worked many jobs: Laborer, Cook, Pharmacy Technician, Customer Support, Security Guard and now a Mac Artist.

Being a Mac Artist is by far my favorite job. I sit in front of the computer, listen to music and design Ad Layouts for newspapers and grocery stores.

There really is no way to deal with stress, aside from venting and b*tching about it. The best thing you can do is suck it up and keep your eyes open for better opportunities When one arises, don't be afraid to take it.

I once went 6 months without a job and was forced to take up a position at McDonald's as a Cook for two years until I found Creps United Publications, which is where I work now. Don't spend your life wondering "What if".

Can you just switch to part time?