My employer said I'm on a ineligible for rehire list for all retailers?

It was for TJ Maxx. I know it is such a thing. Is it really for all retailers? Such as Target, CVS, etc? Or just TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Home Goods stores in that line of work?

It was because I didn't give my notice in writing, just by word of mouth.

Will this affect my getting hired at places in the future?? Does it automatically come up when I put in an app somewhere??

Thanks for info.

• lj1
    Favorite Answer

You are only ineligible for rehire at retailers owned by TJX Companies, Inc (TJ Maxx, Homegoods, and Marshall's). They can't legally badmouth you to potential employers, or get you blacklisted. A lot of companies have a policy that only allows them to give your dates of employment, and position. Many rely on services such as The Work Number to provide that information.

• Ramadon3 years agoReport

Wish that was true, but I am an individual that learned the hard way of the cold society that we live in, I was able to find out from a agency which I will never share due to confidentiality that I was blacklisted and from the employer and individual who got me blacklisted.

• ?

When you use that employer as a reference they are going to say that they would not hire you again. All they are allowed to say when a potential employer calls them is if they would hire you again or not.

sounds like harassment to me.

there is no blacklist that every company looks at. Its just for Tj Maxx stores, they are the only ones who would have a file on you and be able to look at it.

Thats means the companies they own. Dont use them as a reference for sure. It is kind of wierd they are that way just because you didn't give it in writing, assuming you gave 2 week notice to the manager.

It is for their group of stores.

If you use them for a reference, they WILL give you a bad one. It is a myth that former employers cannot give bad references. They can, and they are perfectly happy to do so. As long as they tell the truth, they're fine.