Is this a scam email pretending to be from yahoo? Help!?

Earlier today I got this e-mail from the e-mail address mehdibeedel@yahoo.com and this is what it says.

****************************************************Dear user,

This e-mail has been sent to you by our Team to inform you that your E-mail will be deactivated within the next 24 hours due to several unsuccessful log in attempt on your E-mail. To prevent this from happening please log in securely to our activation link below:

https://account.com/password/resetconfirm?otc=*CY5... 363Ofro2cDnodIRmmvurWzEWeA$$& mn=member%40

If you have already confirmed your information then please disregard this message

Thank you for being a loyal Yahoo! Mail user.

Regards,

Yahoo! Mail Services

**************************************************** I know about fake e-mails asking you to verify your account and then they take all of your personal information. I'm scared if that'll happen to me. The message looks legit, but I still don't know what to do because I haven't logged in unsuccessfully several times because I only check my e-mail on my iPhone. So does this mean also that someone figured out my address. I'm really worried right now and don't know what to do. So, should I trust it?

Favorite Answer

SCAM

That's not from Yahoo, it's a phishing scam to hack your account

ALL emails from Yahoo will have a purple Y logo to the left of the sender's name in your Inbox, will be from an @cc.yahoo-inc.com address and will always address you by your name. Yahoo will also NEVER ask you to click on a link in an email to activate or validate your account

Mark as Spam > Report a Phishing Scam

NO!!!....do not trust the link in the email!!!!

"Identify legitimate Yahoo communications"

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN7195...