Storing homemade baby food?

I just started making homemade puréed carrots for my 6 month old. I've stocked them in BPA free containers and stored them in the freezer. I currently just left one 2-oz container in the refrigerator to be thawed overnight. Since my baby is just starting to wean, she'll most likely just finish about an ounce of the food. Is it safe to re-freeze the remaining 1-ounce?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Sunny
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

i wouldn't re-freeze. just put it in the fridge and give it to him later that day or the next day. it'll be good in the fridge for a day or two.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

Don't refreeze, just refrigerate and give it to him later or the next day. I will suggest a great method, though! Purée and then pour into ice cube trays and freeze. You can cover with Saran Wrap or something. Then thaw as many as you need so there's no waste. A child at my daycare's mother did this, worked great!

• FancyNan
      Lv 7
      6 years agoReport

Love tater tots idea...after the cubes are frozen, store them in a zip lock bag and take out a cube or 2 as needed. Use them up in a couple weeks or discard and make fresh.

• 6 years ago

Hello, I would say no because of the possible bacterial contamination from your baby's mouth

contacting the spoon when she eats the carrots. Because this is a vegetable without meat it could be stored in the refrigerator for at least one day after you make it. You sound like a nice Mom.

• Suzy Q
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

No, don't refreeze. But if you thoroughly reheat it, you can scoop out 1oz and leave the other 1oz on the fridge for the day after.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

I think the baby is just 6 months always try to give fresh food some day it is ok but not regularly.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.