Adler asked in 社會與文化語言 · 7 years ago

Please translation

I still remember the first soccer game I covered. I was 19 and I had just been recruited by my friend Sunny to cover the women's soccer team for the University of Washington student newspaper. Having put exactly zero thought into sports writing as a profession at that point, I nevertheless agreed. I headed down to the University of Washington soccer field. After the final whistle I went to talk to the coach. This was my first interaction with a real-live coach and I had no idea what behaviors should apply to such a meeting, much less the questions I was expected to ask. So I headed over to the coach, and put forward an awkward question in a weak voice. Just at the moment, something happened. The coach started talking, and she didn't ever really stop. She told me everything I could ever hope to know about that game that just finished as well as the performances of all her players. I thanked her and left, quotes in hand, feeling my first interview was a moderate success.

Rating
  • ?
    Favorite Answer

I still remember the first soccer game I covered. I was 19 and I had just been recruited by my friend Sunny to cover the women's soccer team for the University of Washington student newspaper. Having put exactly zero thought into sports writing as a profession at that point, I nevertheless agreed. I headed down to the University of Washington soccer field.

我仍記得我所採訪的第一場足球賽.當時我19歲,且剛被我朋友Sunny招攬來替華盛頓大學學生報採訪他們的女子足球隊.雖然當時我根本沒有想到以報導體育為職業,我還是答應了.我朝著華盛頓大學的足球場走去.

After the final whistle I went to talk to the coach. This was my first interaction with a real-live coach and I had no idea what behaviors should apply to such a meeting, much less the questions I was expected to ask. So I headed over to the coach, and put forward an awkward question in a weak voice.

在最後哨音響過後,我過去與教練說話.這是我第一次與一個活生生的教練的互動,而且我不知道這樣的會談我應該有什麼樣的行為舉止,更別說我應該問些什麼問題了.所以我就向教練走過去,以很微弱的聲音提出了一個很古怪的問題.

Just at the moment, something happened. The coach started talking, and she didn't ever really stop. She told me everything I could ever hope to know about that game that just finished as well as the performances of all her players. I thanked her and left, quotes in hand, feeling my first interview was a moderate success.

就在那個時候,奇妙的事情就這樣發生了.她自動告訴了我所有我想知道關於剛剛結束的這場比賽的事,並且也把她的所有球員的表現一併說明了.我謝過她後就離開了,手裡握著筆記,心裡感到我的第一次採訪還不算差.

希望有幫助

Source(s): jim

Quotes in hand = quotes obtained

Just don't be so literal, dudes!

最後一句裡的片語,quotes in hand,有點難解... 可能教練邊說,作者邊把一些重點寫在手心以免忘記?