Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Adler asked in 社會與文化語言 · 7 years ago

Please translation

I still remember the first soccer game I covered. I was 19 and I had just been recruited by my friend Sunny to cover the women's soccer team for the University of Washington student newspaper. Having put exactly zero thought into sports writing as a profession at that point, I nevertheless agreed. I headed down to the University of Washington soccer field. After the final whistle I went to talk to the coach. This was my first interaction with a real-live coach and I had no idea what behaviors should apply to such a meeting, much less the questions I was expected to ask. So I headed over to the coach, and put forward an awkward question in a weak voice. Just at the moment, something happened. The coach started talking, and she didn't ever really stop. She told me everything I could ever hope to know about that game that just finished as well as the performances of all her players. I thanked her and left, quotes in hand, feeling my first interview was a moderate success.

3 Answers

Rating
  • ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I still remember the first soccer game I covered. I was 19 and I had just been recruited by my friend Sunny to cover the women's soccer team for the University of Washington student newspaper. Having put exactly zero thought into sports writing as a profession at that point, I nevertheless agreed. I headed down to the University of Washington soccer field.

我仍記得我所採訪的第一場足球賽.當時我19歲,且剛被我朋友Sunny招攬來替華盛頓大學學生報採訪他們的女子足球隊.雖然當時我根本沒有想到以報導體育為職業,我還是答應了.我朝著華盛頓大學的足球場走去.

After the final whistle I went to talk to the coach. This was my first interaction with a real-live coach and I had no idea what behaviors should apply to such a meeting, much less the questions I was expected to ask. So I headed over to the coach, and put forward an awkward question in a weak voice.

在最後哨音響過後,我過去與教練說話.這是我第一次與一個活生生的教練的互動,而且我不知道這樣的會談我應該有什麼樣的行為舉止,更別說我應該問些什麼問題了.所以我就向教練走過去,以很微弱的聲音提出了一個很古怪的問題.

Just at the moment, something happened. The coach started talking, and she didn't ever really stop. She told me everything I could ever hope to know about that game that just finished as well as the performances of all her players. I thanked her and left, quotes in hand, feeling my first interview was a moderate success.

就在那個時候,奇妙的事情就這樣發生了.她自動告訴了我所有我想知道關於剛剛結束的這場比賽的事,並且也把她的所有球員的表現一併說明了.我謝過她後就離開了,手裡握著筆記,心裡感到我的第一次採訪還不算差.

希望有幫助

Source(s): jim
  • 7 years ago

Quotes in hand = quotes obtained

Just don't be so literal, dudes!

• 7 years ago

最後一句裡的片語,quotes in hand,有點難解... 可能教練邊說,作者邊把一些重點寫在手心以免忘記?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.