Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

is it true milk actually saps calcium from your bones?

or is it just some myth started by vegan nutjobs? idk who to believe these days..

• Favorite Answer

Magnesium, vitamin D and calcium work together. I found this out the hard way when I could not raise my vitamin D or calcium levels until I corrected my severe magnesium deficiency. Even if your magnesium is optimal, vitamin D is needed for calcium absorption. I have a calcified mitral heart valve from magnesium deficiency and who knows what else calcified. If you have too much calcium compared to magnesium that is going to cause problems.

Excerpt from Magnesium and Calcification...

"Medical authorities claim that the widespread incidence of osteoporosis and tooth decay in western countries can be prevented with a high calcium intake. However, Asian and African populations with a low intake (about 300 mg) of calcium daily have very little osteoporosis. Bantu women with an intake of 200 to 300 mg of calcium daily have the lowest incidence of osteoporosis in the world. [2] In western countries with a high intake of dairy products, the average calcium intake is about 1,000 mg. With a low magnesium intake, calcium moves out of the bones to increase tissue levels, while a high magnesium intake causes calcium to move from the tissues into the bones. Thus high magnesium levels leads to bone mineralization."

Magnesium and Calcification

http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium/magnesium-a...

milk is good for strong bones constitution , aged people need to eat dairy food to get their bones strong