Do you think the fully Electric Cars can be the future of our cars, and why?

I have checked TESLA cars, and it's much expensive for a general person , I wonder if there will be some new technology save energy ,protect enviroment as well as cheap?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Best Answer

The first cell phones and video recording devices and computers were over $5000 each when they first came out. Now I can get a cell phone with a built in video camera that has far more processing power for under $100. There is a great deal about an electric car that is an electronic device. There is some room for efficiency improvements but there is a great deal of room for lower prices.

Presently some would compare the ICE vehicle that is "old" and very mature technology to the electric car that is enjoying a technological rebirth with lots of innovative technologies on their way to manufacturing. It is not really a question of "if" but when will electric cars take over the majority of the market share.

Within 2 years Tesla is expected to come out with its Model X at half the price of its model S. Petrol companies tied up the patents on NiMH batteries and said no large form factor batteries would be sold for use in Electric cars. Tesla took a lesson from this and found the cheapest lithium ion batteries, those used in Computers and made them work in a performance Electric car, the Tesla Roadster. This single-handedly forced other manufacturers to build electric cars. Then they made the model S which wins awards everywhere. They are driving the industry with a will to succeed. I don't see them being bought out or failing economically. The only other alternative is for the industry to follow them.

• 5 years ago

You may not know this, but Tesla is going for the high-end market first. Why? The Margins are higher, and lets them compete in a narrower market segment as they build their infrastructure.

And when you consider the costs of an ICE vehicle, over the lifespan, an electric car saves more.

• 5 years ago

Electric cars depend upon battery for power source.These batteries are not efficient and not changed since 100 years.Unless new battery is invented, cars will never be practi cal and efficient.

• 5 years ago

You surely must realize that there are several moderately priced, mass produced all electric cars already on the market.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Sorry, but I would never get a car like that. They are cool and all but I have a rare 1939 chevrolet woody

• happy
    Lv 5
    5 years ago

nope ,just does not have the part that makes a car the leadgen it is .The engine . We love the gas engine .

• rr
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

yeaha,and its more better on mpg

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.