96 Cadillac Seville STS problems-?

takes about three times to start up just had a full tune up, oil change and catalytic converter replaced and now is having this issue i replaced the coil packs cleaned & gapped the spark plugs (they are new but seem to have a lot of oil) also there is a rich smell from the tail pipe when it does start up. Im thinking to replace the O2 sensor and if that doesnt work I read the fuel injectors may be faulty any other ideas what it could be? Thanks

no check engine light either btw only change oil light is on but it was just changed about one month ago and never went off

Favorite Answer

After an oil change, you must reset the oil sensor back to 100%. Did you replace the spark plugs with

the proper platinum plugs? Are you using 5 W 30 Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil as required? Remember,when you

start an STS you do not touch the accelerator until it starts. No matter how cold it is or how long it has

been sitting.

Source(s): Knowledge and owner of many.
    • coraann
      5 years agoReport

Lisa...Are you understanding me when I tell you the oil sensor MUST be reset
      after each oil change or it will not register properly?

• Lisa

thanks yeah i did all that just trying to figure out why its not starting rt up but thanks!