Can anyone guess this long-running soap opera?

Clue #1: It aired on CBS from 1952 to 2009.

Clue #2: It was set in the fictional town of Springfield, located somewhere in the Midwest.

Clue #3: Its core families throughout the decades were the Bauers, the Thorpes, the Spauldings, the Lewises, and the Coopers, just to name a few.

Clue #4: It began life on the radio in 1937 before making the move to the then-new medium of television 15 years later.

And clue #5: Many well-known celebrities have gotten their start on the show, including Allison Janney, Kevin Bacon, Taye Diggs, Hayden Panettiere, Brittany Snow, and Matt Bomer, among others.

Does anyone know the title?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Yes it is the Guiding Light, I remember the Spauldings Such as Alan and Lizzie I remember Jo Beth Williams playing Brandy Schlooe..Used to watch this show with my mom back then.

Guiding Light

Guiding Light Loved it.

• Kris

Its the Guiding Light. I watched it a long time.

Guiding Light was the show you asked about. It was my mother's favorite program.

My grandmother planned her whole day around her Guiding Light show time. Summer vacations with her got me hooked on it too. LOL.

The Simpsons!

Guiding light that was a good one.

It was my mother's favorite program

guiding lihgt