I told him i wanted to have sex but I'm not sure that I'm ready. What should I do?

Me and him started dating we aren't official yet.. we sext and stuff but i told him i would have sex with him this weekend but i kinda don't want to because i want us to be something before we take that next step... what should i do? im scared he might get pissed off.. i'm a virgin by the way and he isn't

• Jill
    Favorite Answer

I would say you are having second thoughts and that is ok, tell him the truth you are not ready or I thought I wanted to do this but I have had second thoughts, tell him it is not you but me... If he is a decent guy he will support you on this and respect you and wait. It is your body and don't go giving it to anyone if you are not official yet that bit concerns me as taking a relationship to the next level and being intimate with someone is generally when you are official. Good luck

You should definitely be honest with him, especially if you are a virgin. If he really likes you and respects you then he will understand. Sure has a guy he wants to have sex, and he may be a bit disappointed but that's okay. What is more important is that you don't just go running into someones bed when you aren't 100% ready for it. Losing your virginity is important, don't rush into things. Even if you make things official, wait a little, make sure you guys are ready for that next step. Does he know you are a virgin? If he doesn't, you should be honest with him. You don't want to start a relationship where you are hiding things. Remember to always respect yourself and never do anything you aren't ready for.

Good Luck.

PS. I'm going to post your que on my site kristinnicole - If you have any other que please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Tell him how you feel. If he gets "pissed off" oh well. You should be comfortable and ready. Besides if he is a good man he won't get 'pissed off'.