Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 5 years ago

Can you recommend me some books that are actual literature?

I'm 17. In case anyone doubts my reading ability, my IQ rates as genius. I won't have trouble.

As entertaining as YA books are, they're usually ****. I want to read GOOD writing but I also want some undiscovered gems. There's no use recommending something I already heard of, right? So, could anyone please name a well-written book I will find in the literature section at Barnes & Noble? I've browsed it before, but not many of them caught my eye. I think I'm too used to teen novels, so please help? Thanks.

Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein. Its not "literature;" its science fiction. No genius necessary. Something, at some point, in that book will offend you. If you don't throw it, it could change how you see the world.

For your highly advanced intellectual requirements, I thoroughly recommend the great work "A Very Hungry Caterpillar", by one of the greatest philosophers of the modern era, Eric Carle. The piece explores the nature of human gluttony and evokes thoughts in the reader pertaining to subjects such as existentialism and the human condition. It also provides great insight into the anatomical factors of a caterpillars' digestion. It truly makes the adequate work of Homer's Iliad look like child's play.

Sincerely hope I have aided you in your great intellectual pursuits

Wow mister genius. If you're so smart, why don't you read some book reviews and judge for yourself instead of asking us dummies to think for you?

• 5 years agoReport

That was a precaution for anyone who might think a book would be too difficult for me. Also, good point, clearly I don't think you're all dumb if I'm coming to you for suggestions!

Right.

100 years of solitude by G.G. Marquez. A beautiful work of magic realism

The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky; a philosophical work exploring faith and redemption amongst other themes.

The Snopes Trilogy by Faulkner. a genius of lit at his peak.

Ullyses by J.Joyce---a stream of consciousness and gibberish all in one Dublin day.

How to stop boasting

Girl who thought she is a genius

I am a genius, Bow to me fools!

All are great books!! Enjoy

• Terry

Some classics might suit your needs: "Wuthering Heights" or "Pride and Prejudice."