What's the best nature for Charizard X?

What's the best nature for Charizard X and why?

Favorite Answer

Well, regarding his ability, I would use adamant (+Atk -SpA) or a jolly (+Spe -SpA) nature. Even though his Special Attack and Attack are the same stats wise. It would be wiser to use moves that make physical contact such as dragon claw because his ability is Tough Claws (Boosts the power of moves that make contact by x1.3). That is my opinion. Besides, if you are looking for a charizard with great Special Attack, then Charizard Y would be the way to go with his 150 Special Attack. But with Charizard X, I would use an adamant nature with dragon claw, swords dance/dragon dance/power-up-punch, earthquake, thunder punch. That is my opinion

Source(s): Experience, serebii.net

Either stick with a neutral nature or consider getting Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk) because while Mega Charizard X is more balanced than its Y counterpart, the ability Tough Claws that it have indicates that it should be use physically. Dragon Claw and Flare Blitz/Fire Punch are deadly when used by Mega Charizard X

• Thomas

Agreed, adamant or jolly for a physical Charizard. Naughty (+Atk, -SpD) would be suitable for a mixed set, and if you want to go special then Modest (+SpA, -Atk) or Timid (+Spe, -Atk)