What should I cook for school?

My husband and I have recently moved to U.S. And both of us are busy during all days of week ( we are students in university). In our country, the fee of dining halls was affordable, so we used to eat our lunch in dining hall. But here, it's too expensive to eat lunch in dining hall. Thus, we have to cook food at home and take it to school. Fortunately there is a microwave there, so we can warm it up. But my main problem is with the variety of foods! I know a few recipes which are easy to cook

,,,, deliver and warm, but they are too few. Now my question is that: what do you guys usually do when you go to school or work? what do you cook? I need some recipes (or at least the name of some foods) which are easy to cook, deliver and warm. I also like to know the best ways to deliver the food (if I need a special container or ...) and other related issues...

Favorite Answer

Do you mean for lunch or are you in a class that requires cooking a dish?

For lunch, do you have a microwave? Do you have an insulated cooler and thermos?

Make a chicken & veggie soup and put in a thermos

Make your own pizza, you can use a premade (ie Boboli or Bertoli) crust and add your ingredients

You could make sushi rolls that don't have fresh fish (ie California roll, Futo Maki) and put it in a small insulated cooler.

Mac-N-Cheese with a can of tuna and LeSeur peas & pearl onions

Tacos, you could grill some veggies for veggie tacos for instance

Chili can go in a thermos

Pork Roast or Pot Roast

Gumbo or Jambalya can go a thermos

Couscous (lots of options with this)

• Vah Rah6 years agoReport

Thank you. I liked your effort to help me but I needed easier recipes. Anyway, it also helped me!

Most take cold sandwiches. At your grocery store you can buy sliced meats of all types at the deli department. They slice it fresh for you. Cold sandwiches consist of:

Two pieces of bread;

Mayo or mustard spread on the bread;

Lettuce,

Meat of some sort or sliced chicken.

Put into a plastic sandwich bag and close tightly to keep it fresh.

Another thing you can do is buy Thermos bottles. Put into the fridge and the next morning fill with cold food for lunch.

Or the next morning fill with hot food for lunch. It will stay hot most of the day. These are good for soups, chili, food from last night's dinner, and so on.

(You can buy bags with shoulder straps to carry these in.)

Go here for lots of dinner recipes:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/ch/main_dishes.html

For many of us we have relied on sandwiches for out midday meals, as we didn't have MW to reheat foods.

When they were available here when I made my evening meal I would make enough for 2.5 servings and take the leftovers to nuke at work.

Just because you are a different culture there is no reason you can use your own traditional meals where you are

Chetak

Pizza

Why don't you eat sandwiches at lunchtime and cook your main meal in the evening?

Chicken Teriyaki and Rice.

• ?

www.greatist.com/health/leftovers-meals-healthy-recipes

It show 65 meals you can make from leftovers.

Bon Appetit !

You should dry food for your school.

go vegan