what can my 12 year old daughter make for dinner?

we want something healthy and good and dinner also BIG AND HARD TO MAKE dinner not just a hot dog or pizza when I mean diffacult I mean like eggplant paremasion or Cajun chicken pasta she is a great cooker I want to put her on the food network so throw in some ideas

Favorite Answer

There are many cookbooks for children with simple foods to fix. Some of the foods require adult supervision until the child understands the dangers of knives and the stove. But they have to start somewhere. Check in the computer for recipes that kids can fix.

Look in the bookstores for children cookbooks.

At age 8, my daughter started helping my wife.

1) simple first aid (cuts and burns) and 5 pound fire extinguisher

2) washing the table, setting the table with silver wear, napkins, salt/pepper, and spices.

3) cleaning vegetables

4) setting oven temperatures and preheating oven

5) setting stove temperatures and testing vegetable temperature with thermometer

At age 9, the daughter was taught to

1) review simple first aid and 5 pound fire extinguisher

2) cut and prepare vegetables for cooking

3) cooking hamburger patties and hotdogs

4) difference between raw, pink , medium, and well done, cooked meats

5) simple cake mixes and packaged cake toppings

6) basic food safety, food handling and storage, refrigeration vs. freezing

At age 10, she was taught --

1) advanced first aid (major wounds and cuts)

2) preparing and cooking frozen meats and vegetables

3) advanced cleaning table and counters, washing dishes

I don't think I would let a 12 yr old cook on the stove. Pouring spaghetti over boiling water could possibly burn her. I don't know how careful she is. But microwavable meals , mac n cheese that goes in the microwave, chicken wraps, salads, ect. Simple things

Couscous with Fresh Cilantro and Lemon Juice yield: Makes 6 servings ingredients 2 tablespoons olive oil 2 garlic cloves, minced 1/2 teaspoon turmeric 1 2/3 cups water 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt 1 1/2 cups plain couscous 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice preparation Heat oil in medium saucepan over mediumhigh heat. Add garlic and turmeric; stir 1 minute. Add 1 2/3 cups water, lemon peel, and 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt; bring to boil. Remove pan from heat. Stir in couscous. Cover; let stand until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with fork; mix in cilantro and lemon juice. Season with pepper and additional coarse salt, if desired.

Honey bar b q Ribs ,real Mac and cheese. Candied yams and string beans with smoked turkey tail and potato salad and homemade lemonade with strawberries. And homemade corn bread So what time is dinner I'm hungry

Tacos, spaghetti, stir fry, all sorts of thing. I started cooking dinners when I was 7. I had to; my mom was British and made awful brit food and equally awful American food. It was a matter of self preservation.

If she wants to make a real meal than tell her to make something that only needs to go in the oven, BBQ, Microwave, or stove

Source(s): I have a daughter

At 12 years old one can cook like an adult...

Source(s): I was cooking my own meals and those for my parents since I was 8-9.

spaghetti is good and easy. shake and bake chicken is super easy. salads. chicken wraps. burgers. mac n cheese.