I asked my girlfriend about her intimate past. Should I believer her or is she holding back?

This was before we started going out. And I know the past is the past but its the general concept of her telling me the truth or not. She told me she was a virgin and I believed it. I'm not saying she's lying though. She told me a story about how her group of friends all left for vacation and it was just... show more This was before we started going out. And I know the past is the past but its the general concept of her telling me the truth or not.
She told me she was a virgin and I believed it. I'm not saying she's lying though. She told me a story about how her group of friends all left for vacation and it was just her and one of the other guys of the group. Long story short she said when it's just a guy and a girl alone and its the summer, things happen. So basically what all that happened was she was in the bed with the guy and she was without pants or underwear and he was without underwear. She said all they did was feel each other.

I guess what bothers me is not so much that she slept with someone before. In my views, you sleep with someone becuase you love them, not because you're turned on and get emotional. I guess in my head if you are in love with someone, it's not slu*ty but if you are just sleeping with someone for the hell of if or the situational circumstances, then it is.